Sign in to follow this  
splinky

omaha steaks

my mother came and took most of it away...

this means she will live forever--if she eats it all.

Why do you hate me?

if you have issues with mom, I recommend The Black Swan.

and i thought we were close....

she will surely outlive me, but i'm not so sure that she should live forever

yeah, i was exaggerating

so, the other night we had a few fresh 1.5 inch center cut prime tenderloin filets and i threw in one of the omaha steaks filets (the sort of premium one not one of the bacon wrapped deals) for comparison. lol. anyway, the omaha filet was nice and tender but not quite like the other filets. this evening i cooked up one of the omaha bacon wrapped filets and it was not as good as the premium omaha filet. the bacon wrapped meat held more of the water from freezer and wasn't very flavorful but it wasn't awful. i'm thinking the omaha stuff was a very thoughtful gift but not what i'd spend my own cash on.

so, the other night we had a few fresh 1.5 inch center cut prime tenderloin filets and i threw in one of the omaha steaks filets (the sort of premium one not one of the bacon wrapped deals) for comparison. lol. anyway, the omaha filet was nice and tender but not quite like the other filets. this evening i cooked up one of the omaha bacon wrapped filets and it was not as good as the premium omaha filet. the bacon wrapped meat held more of the water from freezer and wasn't very flavorful but it wasn't awful. i'm thinking the omaha stuff was a very thoughtful gift but not what i'd spend my own cash on.

the price was right for you

I like them. I like their steaks, chops and stuffed fish. They also make this German breakfast casserole that is quite tasty.

Heidelburg Potato Casserole

I could probably make this myself, though. But I did enjoy this.

I like them. I like their steaks, chops and stuffed fish. They also make this German breakfast casserole that is quite tasty.

Heidelburg Potato Casserole

I could probably make this myself, though. But I did enjoy this.

that casserole looks kind of interesting. you could totally make it yourself but why bother, sounds like you get a lot for $20. i haven't tried the top sirloin, pork chops or the chicken cutlets yet. my mom liked the lava cake and the night doorman, handyman and porter liked the apple caramel tarts. i'm starting to think that callie and i are are just finicky about filet mignon.

that casserole looks kind of interesting. you could totally make it yourself but why bother, sounds like you get a lot for $20.

The only challenge would be finding the potato sausages...

the chicken cutlets are nice, very tender and flavorful for a chicken cutlet. i think the only thing i have left to try are the boneless pork chops

the chicken cutlets are nice, very tender and flavorful for a chicken cutlet. i think the only thing i have left to try are the boneless pork chops

do you think lye would do anything good to them?

do you think lye would do anything good to them?

it probably could have made the filet mignon edible

So there's an Omaha Steaks store a couple of miles down the road from our current apartment, next to the local Trader Joe's. They were having a massive sale this weekend--everything at least 50% off and some things even more heavily discounted. Because I prefer grass-fed beef and farm-raised chicken, pork, etc., I wasn't about to get any of their meats, but they do have wild-caught fish so we picked up some Maine lobster tails and Atlantic cod. There's no way I would buy anything at full price but at a discount it's a little luxury. We grilled a couple of the lobster tails last night and they were quite nice slathered in garlic butter.