Job Opening at Dean & Deluca

This looks pretty interesting. I assume several of you got this email as well, but here ya go:

I was hoping you could spread the word within your network of foodies for our open position of Forager for Dean & DeLuca. This position is based in NYC with a six figure salary. Thank you in advance for your assistance.

Raedina Campbell

Dean & DeLuca

316-847-4893

Join a luxury-brand industry leader in an exciting opportunity where creativity, passion for food and the desire to enhance the uniqueness of our brand is the mission. Our team is looking for a connoisseur to unearth, identify and select cutting edge items and brands for the Dean & DeLuca assortment.

As ambassador for the brand, you will bring to the business a passion of luxury food items and knowledge of retail sales to create exciting, leading edge assortments. Responsibilities also include, developing and managing a pipeline of new products for evaluation and testing. As well as, working intimately with the Dean & DeLuca's merchandising department and retail locations to unveil new items for the shelves, catalogs and website.

If you are a leader possessing an undeniable appreciation for food and a keen sense to purvey luxury, gourmet foods and items for Dean & DeLuca's customers, consider joining our team. Give our customers an unforgettable experience through your resourceful, innovative, and exclusive discoveries.

six figure salary is interesting, I wonder if they mean expected commission or piece work potential?

pretty much the going rate for luxury procurement folks. they are looking for displaced procurement folks from top tier financial services [there's some fun luxury shopping and these folks have great contacts in high end food and personalized corporate gifts]and high end retail buyers. it'll likely pay in the low 100's and be a pay cut for lots of those folks, but still in these hard times...

six figure salary is interesting, I wonder if they mean expected commission or piece work potential?

pretty much the going rate for luxury procurement folks. they are looking for displaced procurement folks from top tier financial services [there's some fun luxury shopping and these folks have great contacts in high end food and personalized corporate gifts]and high end retail buyers. it'll likely pay in the low 100's and be a pay cut for lots of those folks, but still in these hard times...

:blink:

Fuck 'em :angry:

Annoyingly inappropriate Ludicrous Interesting use of the word "forager" though. :rolleyes:

Annoyingly inappropriate Ludicrous Interesting use of the word "forager" though. :rolleyes:

so, this person isn't sourcing mushrooms in the parks, etc?

so, this person isn't sourcing mushrooms in the parks, etc?

given the wording in the ad I would guess there job is finding the actual mushroom foragers. I can only begin to imagine the liability issues at hand here

they want someone who can find new and exotic product and the chance to have it first and exclusively and they want the new product not to suck or to kill people accidentally. i think that's where the foraging idea comes from. most moms would probably not be pleased to tell their friends that their little ivy leaguer is a forager. on the other hand, if it's means junior can move out of her basement/mom cave it might be okay