Sign in to follow this  
foodie52

Yorkshire , Summer 2011

Going to spend a week in July in Yorkshire in a cottage near Whitby. Any good ideas for meals?

• Like 1

Going to spend a week in July in Yorkshire in a cottage near Whitby. Any good ideas for meals?

It was a couple of years ago when we were last there but The Fox and Hounds at Goldsborough was superb. We were especially disappointed with Greens in Whitby, more style than substance. There are reviews on my website, just remember that the majority of the places visited weren't 'fine dining' establishments, just MOR places to eat.

Thank you! We're not looking for fine dining: just good food. Can't afford fine dining, anyway.

It was a couple of years ago when we were last there but The Fox and Hounds at Goldsborough was superb. We were especially disappointed with Greens in Whitby, more style than substance. There are reviews on my website, just remember that the majority of the places visited weren't 'fine dining' establishments, just MOR places to eat.

Wow, where have you been all this time??

Wow, where have you been all this time??

Pure coincidence, I was looking for a contact to another long time gone member and saw foodies52 post.

Ate at Quayside in Whitby and had good fish and chips. Once a year is enough, though! Nice pickled onions.

We stayed with a friend in Glaisdale which is a tiny village in a dale. This village has the BEST butcher shop. Family owned for 60 or so years. We enjoyed steak (their own cattle), leg of lamb and house made pork pies.