Micromanage My Life

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So next Tuesday I'm taking some Gullible Young Woman to see Karol Armitage at the Joyce.   For dinner after, I'm thinking of two places: Aldea and La Luncheonette.   Aldea, obviously, is one of t

This is awesome.

If you need to put on music for the right mood, .

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

Not me, but for a good friend. His mother-in-law is in town. I have met her and spent time with her (including almost a week in London several years ago) and while she is very nice she is extremely high maintenance. He has reservations for him, bf,m-i-l at Onegin, which I have heard of but know nothing of except that it's Russian and kind of flashy. He also asked me about Monte's. Again,nada.

... it's Russian and kind of flashy. He also asked me about Monte's. Again,nada.

I've walked past Onegin a few times and peered in the window. The menu is much the same as Mari Vanna's - Russian classics - but the ambience is more formal, less kitsch.

Not me, but for a good friend. His mother-in-law is in town. I have met her and spent time with her (including almost a week in London several years ago) and while she is very nice she is extremely high maintenance. He has reservations for him, bf,m-i-l at Onegin, which I have heard of but know nothing of except that it's Russian and kind of flashy. He also asked me about Monte's. Again,nada.

My Russian friends walked out before their appetizer. I didn't get the whole story, but it was something about the "Champagne" not being from France and the staff not acknowledging that this might matter in any way. Caveat emptor.

• 2 months later...

Between Tribeca and Chinatown for lunch? Strong vegetarian options required. Mehtaphor would have been ideal, but doesn't open for lunch. Anything interesting outside Chinatown? Roughly between Columbus Park and West Broadway.

Thanks.

Thanks. I was looking a bit more uptown, north of Chambers. Was looking for somewhere smart-ish but it seems hopeless. A lot of places don't open for lunch. Megu? Not thrilled at the idea. Landmarc, maybe, but it's not great for vegetarians.