Micromanage My Life

(I'm sure Forlini's is like that right now.)

I checked in with the fellas at Forlini's two weeks ago and they are mostly bemused by the extra attention.  The kids have been hitting the bar section of the restaurant after 10:00pm for years but them making the actual transition to the dining room/private events space has been the biggest change.

I love it there and except for the (fairly) recent bathroom renovation, all remains the same.

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So next Tuesday I'm taking some Gullible Young Woman to see Karol Armitage at the Joyce.   For dinner after, I'm thinking of two places: Aldea and La Luncheonette.   Aldea, obviously, is one of t

This is awesome.

If you need to put on music for the right mood, .

Posted Images

I have a business associate's son coming to visit me today. He is visiting from China. He is in to Jazz and music and art. I am just learning of this visit and have plans these next few days.. I am not going to really see him outside of a dinner one night. I want to point him in the right direction, for places to see music and cool things that 18 year olds can do..

Any suggestions for things an 18 year old can do in Brooklyn over the next few days. I don't exactly have my finger on the pulse. Outside of pushing him out of my moving car when drive passed Bushwick, i am out of ideas.

I have a business associate's son coming to visit me today. He is visiting from China. He is in to Jazz and music and art. I am just learning of this visit and have plans these next few days.. I am not going to really see him outside of a dinner one night. I want to point him in the right direction, for places to see music and cool things that 18 year olds can do..

Any suggestions for things an 18 year old can do in Brooklyn over the next few days. I don't exactly have my finger on the pulse. Outside of pushing him out of my moving car when drive passed Bushwick, i am out of ideas.

Not in Bklyn, but you might want to steer him in the direction of the Velvet Underground "experience" downtown Manhattan:  http://velvetunderground-experience.com

I'm sure his parents will be pleased, especially if he meets some new friends there.

So just an update.. The kid is so sweet and nice.. He goes to Vassar, which means he is outnumbered and is friends with lots of female students.. He is a jazz singer and smart and happens to have like 10 female friends in New York.. He went on a date at Mekelburg's yesterday.. he had a great time and now he is going on another date tonight and well, he doesn't need us and we are happy about that!   

I gave him a house key, I asked him to follow one rule, he has a tab at meks for lunch or groceries, I left him at bottle of tequila at the house and well, i dont think we will see him again till the next time he asks to come back. 

So just an update.. The kid is so sweet and nice.. He goes to Vassar, which means he is outnumbered and is friends with lots of female students.. He is a jazz singer and smart and happens to have like 10 female friends in New York.. He went on a date at Mekelburg's yesterday.. he had a great time and now he is going on another date tonight and well, he doesn't need us and we are happy about that!   

I gave him a house key, I asked him to follow one rule, he has a tab at meks for lunch or groceries, I left him at bottle of tequila at the house and well, i dont think we will see him again till the next time he asks to come back. 

Daniel...what are the rates to stay at your home? I can use a weekend getaway from my life!

Our daughter went to Vassar. Graduated in 1993. Phi Beta Kappa. She loved her time there and still maintains friendships with several classmates both male and female. I hope your son enjoys his years there as much as our daughter did.