Micromanage My Life

Reporting back. Frost is closed on Mondays, and I've been to Llama Inn (my avatar picture is from there, in fact) so I went to The Four Horsemen, which turned out to be a good choice, although I spent more than I wanted to spend. I may have been so happy to hear Enola Gay - a song I actually know - that I forgot myself. Got the Montauk sea scallops/kholrabi and the burrata/nettles toast, a glass of Primitivo and an IPA from Vermont that was really excellent. The scallops were terrific and made me want to run out and buy some raw scallops so I can make this dish at home.

FXxQC5H.png

The burrata was less successful. I don't think I've ever had nettles before, but they're nothing special, and there was so much damn garlic in them that the poor burrata was entirely overwhelmed.

TzYAfO3.png

Then I took the long, cold walk over to Humboldt & Jackson to meet my partner in crime for another drink and a piece of (they call it) pizza (but it's really focaccia with sauce and cheese on it), which was pretty lousy, and even more garlicky than the burrata toast. Thanks again, all.

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So next Tuesday I'm taking some Gullible Young Woman to see Karol Armitage at the Joyce.   For dinner after, I'm thinking of two places: Aldea and La Luncheonette.   Aldea, obviously, is one of t

This is awesome.

If you need to put on music for the right mood, .

Posted Images

There's no shortage of Joy Division, and even New Order, in Brooklyn, but I should really like to hear more Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark. Which cultural arbiters can make this happen?

• 2 weeks later...

Special occasion dinner? Want a regular 3-4 course (no tasting), flexible on genre, coming from North so nothing say south of canal (knocks out Le coucou/batard/jungsik). Too late for Le Bernardin. What's good these days? Gramercy? Benno? Lincoln? Daniel?

I'm not sure where else to ask this (either offline or elsewhere here)

An acquaintance here in NYC wants to buy a chicken, as a pet ideally earning its keep as egg-layer -- not for food -- to add to her current Brooklyn backyard flock of four. Normally she buys from live-poultry places. But she complains that the meat chickens are too fat to walk. And I assume she doesn't want a sick old $1/lb. laying hen normally sold for stock making.

She would love to be able to buy a hen from a tristate-area farm with laying hens. Anyone know of one in their exurban neighborhood?

Thanks! And hi since around a decade ago, unless there are other Tubbses around town. 

I think my chicken hoarder wants an adult bird, so I'll ask them if they do that, legally or otherwise. And she'd keep a rooster if she could, but has already been fined thousands of dollars for that and for ducks, after a neighbor narked on her.