Micromanage My Life

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So next Tuesday I'm taking some Gullible Young Woman to see Karol Armitage at the Joyce.   For dinner after, I'm thinking of two places: Aldea and La Luncheonette.   Aldea, obviously, is one of t

This is awesome.

If you need to put on music for the right mood, .

Posted Images

Manhattan, mid-range price (<$100 pp all in), ideally something that is not readily available in Seattle, reasonably conversation-friendly noise level.

I guess it depends on how much you plan to drink... that can be half the $$ sometimes, I've found. 

If you're light drinkers:

Atoboy - the three dishes for $46(?) is a good deal for the quality. Good beer selection, too, if you're into that. 

Llamita could be fun. No idea if you've any Peruvian places in Seattle. 

Estela or Crown Shy might be doable. 

You could probably do one of the Raij/Montero places - Txikito, Quinto Pino - tapas can start adding up depending how much you order, but a light meal is certainly doable.

Are you sharers? Empellon, maybe - start with the queso fundido or crab & uni nachos, a couple orders of tacos, and split an entree. Empellon Taqueria you could do a little cheaper, even. 

Empellon Midtown wouldn't work at that price point tho. (Tho it would give the Seattlites a cram session in hedge fund bro culture)

I like the Atoboy idea.

Thanks gents. These sound like good options to look into. We're starting to get some higher minded Korean places in Seattle, but Atoyboy looks like a notch or two above what is currently available. My dining companion can't drink, so that expands our options a bit.

Is hedge fund bro culture distinct from the start-up douchy-ness that we seem to have imported from the Bay?

Georgette is good, avra is ok and cheaper than Milos at least, Armani restaurant could actually be a decent option. Pretty space I've heard the food is good but no experience.

She is freaking out about Georgette. This is perfect. Thank you!
this was perfect for our needs. Way too loud but entertaining to see the plastic surgery and Bonfire of the Vanities like display in the Dining room.

Staten Island addition.. Looking for a place in staten island this sunday... I would love old school italian.. may just do a pizza tour, or just meet at Lee's Tavern

Basilio's or Vinnum. Basilio's more old school. Vinnum more Mediterranean but Staten's Island's best restaurant by far - though they make the best Eggplant Parm, EVER!!!

• Like 1

Staten Island addition.. Looking for a place in staten island this sunday... I would love old school italian.. may just do a pizza tour, or just meet at Lee's Tavern

Basilio's or Vinnum. Basilio's more old school. Vinnum more Mediterranean but Staten's Island's best restaurant by far - though they make the best Eggplant Parm, EVER!!!

Thank you!  Have you heard of Deluca's?  Someone has expressed interest in that.  

edit to add: Photos for Vinnum on Yelp look great.