Micromanage My Life

• 8 months later...
  • Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So next Tuesday I'm taking some Gullible Young Woman to see Karol Armitage at the Joyce.   For dinner after, I'm thinking of two places: Aldea and La Luncheonette.   Aldea, obviously, is one of t

This is awesome.

If you need to put on music for the right mood, .

Posted Images

I am looking down the barrel of a forty year old Vina Bosconia Cosecha for my birthday next month. I would love to get ideas for food pairings, or  I could just drink it with a grilled cheese if you all hate me.

4 hours ago, Wilfrid said:

I am looking down the barrel of a forty year old Vina Bosconia Cosecha for my birthday next month. I would love to get ideas for food pairings, or  I could just drink it with a grilled cheese if you all hate me.

Chistorra, morcilla, stewed white beans, Idiazábal cheese and membrillo. (Not all mixed together.)

Braised rabbit, perhaps. 

24 minutes ago, Wilfrid said:

Now that is a good tip. I bought some extra aged Manchego last time I was there, which was good.

I think they are doing very nicely with their cheeses. Other than Chef Collective when I order from them, it's easily a favored place for cheese (I haven't been to DiPalo's in a year). And their "expanded" stock is just great. I found out that every Friday they get a shipment of bread from Poillane. Ain't cheap...but what is? 

I lived much closer to bedford, and used them, but they did so little volume some of the cheeses were a little geriatric and you had to be careful. 

I've been a Formaggio fan since they opened, even when I lived in the West Village. I can't recall them ever selling me something over the hill, although they will sell you things that are still young if you don't ask.

Now of course. I don't want to talk about it...

• Like 1

Formaggio's stock does always seem to be in damn good shape (i.e. not over the hill). At the same time I purchased the Petit Basque, I asked for a Camembert that wasn't quite ready and that was no problem. But the time before, the same Camembert without asking for anything specific, was perfectly ready and great.

Also, if you're in dire need of Rancho Gordo stuff - they got it.