Micromanage My Life

Yeah, I've been frantically scouring for the past day or so. Oh look! Craft! Hearth! Hm. I'll keep at it.

I'm thinking I'll grab a rez at Adda since I've heard some good things, and at least have that as a backstop. 

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So next Tuesday I'm taking some Gullible Young Woman to see Karol Armitage at the Joyce.   For dinner after, I'm thinking of two places: Aldea and La Luncheonette.   Aldea, obviously, is one of t

This is awesome.

If you need to put on music for the right mood, .

Posted Images

To add to what Sneak said, look for restaurants that have built out more outdoor space than they ever had indoor, and are also doing indoor dining. Some places have more capacity than they used to. Off the top of my head, Via Carota, Anton's, and Don Angie are all like this.

Thanks for that added color.

I'm convincing myself that a little LIC adventure will be fun -- Dutch Kills for drinks, Adda for spice. Should be an excellent evening. (But yeah, still gonna keep plowing through Resy on the daily.)

Then, having sold yourself on LIC (which I think sounds great, BTW), you can REALLY agonize when something more conventionally appealing comes up later this week. 

17 minutes ago, plattetude said:

Thanks for that added color.

I'm convincing myself that a little LIC adventure will be fun -- Dutch Kills for drinks, Adda for spice. Should be an excellent evening. (But yeah, still gonna keep plowing through Resy on the daily.)

I did that exact same evening in reverse last August. It was lovely. I will say that the outdoor dining at Adda is not the most picturesque given the street that it's on (though that was a long time ago and they may have improved the buildout since then). The food was fantastic though.

Screen Shot 2021-05-11 at 12.19.14 PM.png

19 minutes ago, Sneakeater said:

Then, having sold yourself on LIC (which I think sounds great, BTW), you can REALLY agonize when something more conventionally appealing comes up later this week. 

Ha. Already been through one iteration of that, debating if a 4:45 seating at Jean-Georges would trump this plan. (Final verdict, after thorough consultation with the missus:  no, we stick with LIC.)

4 minutes ago, sweatshorts said:

I did that exact same evening in reverse last August. It was lovely. I will say that the outdoor dining at Adda is not the most picturesque given the street that it's on (though that was a long time ago and they may have improved the buildout since then). The food was fantastic though.

Screen Shot 2021-05-11 at 12.19.14 PM.png

We’re both fully vaxxed, and given the current forecast for rain, we’re doing the indoor dining. (Gasp!)

And okay, if anyone's really REALLY invested in this story now... don't suppose anyone knows any hacks, beyond setting up multiple Resy accounts (which I imagine means multiple cell phone numbers), to book Dutch Kills for drinks on the same night as Adda. I mean, seriously. (Cuz I'm not gonna be all the way out there and NOT go to Dutch Kills.)

I guess I need to embrace my long-dead inner-Luddite and actually call. Hmph.

1 hour ago, plattetude said:

And the punchline:

The number for Dutch Kills gets me to a voice mailbox that hasn't been set up. So no one picking up and no way to leave a message. Hahahahahaha.

Email 

ETA (having read sweatshorts) — Oops I’m old. 

It's all cognitive dissonance! Ludditism led me to forgo Resy for the phone, but then the phone made me abandon Ludditism to hit them up with an IG DM. Mind blown.

Thanks for coming along on this trip! haha. (Full disclosure -- 30 year anniversary of our first date.)

• Like 2