Micromanage My Life

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So next Tuesday I'm taking some Gullible Young Woman to see Karol Armitage at the Joyce.   For dinner after, I'm thinking of two places: Aldea and La Luncheonette.   Aldea, obviously, is one of t

If you need to put on music for the right mood, .

This is awesome.

Posted Images

Follow up -- yes, we stuck with the plan of Adda and Dutch Kills as a mini LIC adventure. Adda was extremely good (for what it is -- I mean, part of me was really jonesing for a white tablecloth night out, but one takes what one gets). Dutch Kills rundown in the Cocktail Recipes Tonight thread.

Amusingly/annoyingly, as we were finishing up our dinner at Adda, got a notification from Resy that Manresa at Intersect had an opening at 9:30. Thanks for that, Resy! (I rightly assumed it'd extend beyond it's original calendar. But really, thanks for the timing on that notification!)

Thanks for the guidance and affirmation and playing along!

• 2 months later...

Well, I think we're putting a hold on indoor for a bit until the current spike abates, or the FDA hurries up and issues an EUA for kids. 

So who has nice date-night worthy outdoors setups these days (by which I mean, a proper 3 course+ or tasting menu meal that will have us spending at least as much time there as we do getting there)? Marea and Jungsik seem like excellent options. The new breed of Korean-ish places that I know we would like (little mad and joomak banjun) don't seem to have outdoor. Any other suggestions?

4 hours ago, Tubbs said:

Well, I think we're putting a hold on indoor for a bit until the current spike abates, or the FDA hurries up and issues an EUA for kids. 

So who has nice date-night worthy outdoors setups these days (by which I mean, a proper 3 course+ or tasting menu meal that will have us spending at least as much time there as we do getting there)? Marea and Jungsik seem like excellent options. The new breed of Korean-ish places that I know we would like (little mad and joomak banjun) don't seem to have outdoor. Any other suggestions?

We had a nice outdoor meal at Jungsik in February, though I was bit disappointed they were only running the Greatest Hits menu. I believe they’re back to having a seasonal menu as well now. 

I just put together a list of suggestions for a friend’s date night, conveniently. I left out places with annoying time limits (coughdonangiecoughcough) 

Atoboy

Her Name Is Han / Take 31

The Fulton

Farra 

Babbo

Il Buco (either one)

Llama Inn / Llama San

ABC Cocina / ABCV

Ernesto’s

Wayla

Kimika

La Mercerie

Frenchette 

Tuome

Shuka

Carbone

Nur

Rezdora

Claro

Convivium Osteria

Balthazar

Luthun (maybe? Don’t know if they dropped their outdoor tables)

15 East / Tocqueville, if they ever reopen. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • 2 weeks later...

To add to the list, The Modern Bar Room has outdoor seat in the sculpture garden. My better half went to brunch in the garden terrace at the Crosby Hotel and approved of the setup as well. 

that's clearly the correct answer, fwiw. I lived on that block for five years and finding food that's cheaper than that but worth eating in that part of brooklyn is really hard.

Don't laugh, but sometimes before a show at Union Hall, I'd go to Dinosaur BBQ. That was possibly before haenyeo even opened, though, as I don't remember the last show I went to at Union Hall. Some of the shows I'd seen at Union Hall were basically only worthy of wings, beer, and some pseudo-bbq stuff.