Micromanage My Life

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So next Tuesday I'm taking some Gullible Young Woman to see Karol Armitage at the Joyce.   For dinner after, I'm thinking of two places: Aldea and La Luncheonette.   Aldea, obviously, is one of t

If you need to put on music for the right mood, .

This is awesome.

Posted Images

On 10/21/2021 at 3:35 PM, Wilfrid said:

I don't know why I am not coming up with great ideas (perhaps so many places closed). Looking for East Village or LES bar (full bar not just beer and wine) which also has small plates and which will be tolerable early-ish on a Friday evening.

+1 for Sakamai & Bar Goto. Though last time I went to Goto the food menu felt kind of incidental and thrown together just because they had to. Might have changed since. 

Bar seats at Dhamaka are no-rez.

i wasn’t crazy about them, but everyone else here who’d been seemed to like BBF well enough. 

• 4 weeks later...

Trying to come up with high-end Asian for a special occasion. Struggling to remember the name of a place which has been around a few years doing expensive French/Asian (Michelin starred I think). As I can't find it by searching it might be long closed. Thought it began with "J."

(Oh, not Szichuan.)

12 minutes ago, Wilfrid said:

Trying to come up with high-end Asian for a special occasion. Struggling to remember the name of a place which has been around a few years doing expensive French/Asian (Michelin starred I think). As I can't find it by searching it might be long closed. Thought it began with "J."

(Oh, not Szichuan.)

Jungsik?

1 hour ago, Sneakeater said:

Do you mean the soon-to-reopen Le Jardenier?  (It isn't that Asian, so maybe not.)

We had one dinner at Le Jardenier in October 2019, and found the food disappointing.

Totally the opposite at the upstairs upscale Shun from the same chef. Went three times.  Superb cuisine, first-rate service, quiet, and stunning decor. Though it would definitely meet Wilfrid’s needs, unfortunately, it’s still closed.