Micromanage My Life

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So next Tuesday I'm taking some Gullible Young Woman to see Karol Armitage at the Joyce.   For dinner after, I'm thinking of two places: Aldea and La Luncheonette.   Aldea, obviously, is one of t

This is awesome.

If you need to put on music for the right mood, .

Posted Images

Bottom of the article says:

Brooklyn: Pennsylvania and Flatlands Avenues, East New York; 516-738-6796

That's behind Starrett City if you're coming off the Belt at Pennsylvania Ave exit by car

About an hour by train from Downtown Bklyn

Or 2.5 hours, if like Sneak, you choose to walk it.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
On 10/22/2021 at 3:56 PM, Seth Gordon said:

Though last time I went to Goto the food menu felt kind of incidental and thrown together just because they had to

Very late to this party, but we finally went to Bar Goto tonight. The L.E.S. was excellent - not too tart, not too peppery, just perfect. I liked the Ume Paloma also, but not quite as much, and the grapefruit soda is a nice substitute for ginger ale. The kombu celery is something I plan to try to replicate at home - I have kombu, I have celery, I have sesame seeds, how hard could it be? (Although I didn't know you could just eat kombu. I just use it to make dashi.)

It was crowded but not slammed at 7pm on a Friday. I was stressing because I got there before Medium H, and only complete parties get seated, so I kept obsessively texting him that there were four seats open. No, two! No, six! Anyway, we got seats.

Comp disclosure: chips and togarishi dip, shots of shochu, possibly 'cause I am acquainted with one of the bartenders, possibly 'cause she is just nice.

• 3 weeks later...

We have friends coming into town from LA, which friends also have another close friend in NYC, which means three couples for dinner the first week of October. The other NYC friend is much more sceney than I am, and took it upon himself to make a reservation at Pastis, and he "pinged" The Nines and Four Charles as well. Any place that has better food and is cheaper than those three, while still "cool" enough to get buy-in? I plan group dinners like this so rarely nowadays that was thinking something like MaLa Project, but I think they're prefer a slightly more "special" vibe. Hoping to stay under $125/person including booze in Manhattan. Dinner is on a Tuesday so hopefully should be able to get a spot somewhere even if it's on the tougher side.