Micromanage My Life

No no. Too much running around on a worknight. That would cut seriously into the post-prandial Display Of Gratitude time -- which, let's face it, is the whole point of this exercise.

That almost made me throw up a little in my mouth.

Funny, when I read that sentence, I got stuck trying to remember if Display Of Gratitude Time is east or west of Rocky Mountain Time.

I think it involves going south.

• Like 1
  • Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So next Tuesday I'm taking some Gullible Young Woman to see Karol Armitage at the Joyce.   For dinner after, I'm thinking of two places: Aldea and La Luncheonette.   Aldea, obviously, is one of t

This is awesome.

If you need to put on music for the right mood, .

Posted Images

No no. Too much running around on a worknight. That would cut seriously into the post-prandial Display Of Gratitude time -- which, let's face it, is the whole point of this exercise.

That almost made me throw up a little in my mouth.

Funny, when I read that sentence, I got stuck trying to remember if Display Of Gratitude Time is east or west of Rocky Mountain Time.

I think it involves going south.

Something else I wish I'd known 40 years ago.

Recent conversation in restaurant:

DATE: You know a lot about wine. Do you ever send a bottle back?

ME: Rarely. Sometimes they're flawed. But not very often.

DATE: This other guy I go out with . . . last week he took me to [well-reviewed new high-endish NYC restaurant], and he made such a big deal about returning the wine . . . . he was so imperious he was almost rude about it.

ME: He was doing that to impress you. He wanted you to see how discerning and powerful he is.

DATE: He did that to impress me?

ME: Yeah.

DATE: Asshole.

What should I order?

So, are you going to La Lunchonette? The one time we went there quite a few years ago, I thought the food was mediocre at best and the atmospherics depressing.

I think the food at Gascogne is delicious. If the weather happens to be warm next Tuesday, the garden is charming (though the interior is too). And you can't get much closer to the Joyce, i.e., diagonally across the street.

Actually we're going to Aldea. (You can all come and shout rude remarks across the room if you want.)

What about the other guy? Make sure you sit facing the entrance in case he's watching.