• Replies 615
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What kind of world is this? What kind of God let's this happen? How do we try to raise children? How do we move forward as a people in the face of such tragedy? Our resilience is being tested.

I don't want to start

Any blasphemous rumours

But I think that God's

Got a sick sense of humour

Bad Tony is Back!

Romo is an enigma. Looks great at times which makes it tough to get rid of him even when you recognize that you'll probably never win with him because of his horrible blunders. He single handedly kept the Lions in the game yesterday.

And how about the most bizarre play of the day: Victor Cruz catching a pass from Eli and after going down without being touched, left the ball on the turf. Everyone in my house immediately yelled, "You idiot!" and thought the Giants blew it.

Romo is an enigma. Looks great at times which makes it tough to get rid of him even when you recognize that you'll probably never win with him because of his horrible blunders. He single handedly kept the Lions in the game yesterday.

And how about the most bizarre play of the day: Victor Cruz catching a pass from Eli and after going down without being touched, left the ball on the turf. Everyone in my house immediately yelled, "You idiot!" and thought the Giants blew it.

I thought the Cruz play was pretty self-explanatory and correctly called. I don't really understand all the talk about it -- he obviously gave himself up and was not trying to advance so the play was over.

Love looking back at this article: http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/cowboys/article/Ryan-says-Lions-Johnson-a-step-below-Cowboys-2197365.php

I thought the Cruz play was pretty self-explanatory and correctly called. I don't really understand all the talk about it -- he obviously gave himself up and was not trying to advance so the play was over.

Love looking back at this article: http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/cowboys/article/Ryan-says-Lions-Johnson-a-step-below-Cowboys-2197365.php

almost as good as the articles from January "Red Sox will challenge '27 Yankees"

There is a lot of confusion about what "giving yourself up" means. I always understood it as clearly taking a knee or sliding feet first. Its not clear to me when the rule changed, or if it changed.

not that I'm complaining of course.

There is a lot of confusion about what "giving yourself up" means. I always understood it as clearly taking a knee or sliding feet first. Its not clear to me when the rule changed, or if it changed.

not that I'm complaining of course.

there's been some sort of sub silentio rule change.

Yes, the play was correctly called but Cruz was an idiot for doing what he did. It is a call open to interpretation and the fact is he let go of the ball BEFORE the whistle blew. If the referee believed he tripped instead of "giving himself up" it would have been ruled a fumble. Fine, give yourself up but wait until you hear the whistle before you let go of the ball.

And clearly the Giants thought Cruz blew it because they attempted to run a play before Arizona had a chance to challenge the rulling on the field.

I totally think it was a blown call, and everything else the league has said is covering up for a pretty terrible fuck up.

How is it a blown call?

"Rule 7, Section 2, Article 1 states that 'An official shall declare the ball dead and the down ended: (e): when a runner is out of bounds, or declares himself down by falling to the ground, or kneeling, and making no effort to advance.' "

He fell to the ground and made no effort to advance, clearly. Receivers do this all the time but Cruz' blunder was that his fall was clumsy so people are thinking he tripped, and he gave up the ball a little too hastily since it was the end of the game and he was in a hurry to get back to the line.

I can't see how anyone thinks it's a blown call, especially after review.