Four-Album Runs

• Replies 535
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Not many have put together a run of four or more great albums:   Zepplin - I, II, III, IV   Stones -- Beggar's Banquet, Let it Bleed, Sticky Fingers, Exile on Main Street   The Who -- Tommy, Who

I would say 4 is the best black sabbath album.

hell awaits marked the beginning of a great 4 album run by slayer. I couldn't really come up with any metal bands who've put out 4 equally good records in a row, almost all the things that spring to mind turn out to be 3 really great albums in a row.

looking at all the 90's stuff I listened to in high school the best I can come up with is the first 4 jesus lizard records or maybe sonic youth starting with sister.

i thought sonic youth, but sonic youth is all the same so hard to say there IS more than 1.

first four talking heads albums are at that level. or the second half of #1, #2, #3, #4, and the first half of #5?

What about Joni Mitchell?

Certainly Blue and Court & Spark are consensus masterpieces, and fans would include Ladies of the Canyon, the album that precedes Blue. I'm afraid I'm unfamiliar with For the Roses, the album in between Blue and Court & Spark. I know "You Turn Me On, I'm a Radio," and that's about it.

The Velvet Underground and Nico, White Light/White Heat, The Velvet Underground and Loaded.

Do live albums count? Then: The Stooges, Fun House, Raw Power and Metallic KO*

*Oops, just saw Wilfred beat me to it.

The best Doors material is on Morrison Hotel and L.A. Woman anyway.

I rather agree, but you have to include the first album. Though including those two gives a run of six.

I don't include any of them.