Four-Album Runs

• Replies 535
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Not many have put together a run of four or more great albums:   Zepplin - I, II, III, IV   Stones -- Beggar's Banquet, Let it Bleed, Sticky Fingers, Exile on Main Street   The Who -- Tommy, Who

Anyone care to argue for Kanye West? (Am I trolling or not? I can't tell)

No. Three of his four albums were just about the best pop albums of the year of their release, and the one that wasn't was a fascinating experiment that I for one listen to a lot. I think he totally counts.

I object to Zeppelin. Kanye is arguably sitting at five. Radiohead.

How can you object to Zeppelin? You may not appreciate Zeppelin, but those re four amazing albums.

Do I have to listen to a Kanye West song? I've gotten this far without it, and I feel that I'm a better person.

Radiohead fucking sucks. Why anyone wants to listen to these sniveling, whiney, monotonous, born-without-testicles, elevator music crybabies is beyond me.

Radiohead could be an interesting case. You could create a four album run of Bends, OK Computer, Kid A, and Amnesiac with the middle two being easy cases for inclusion and the bookend albums being divisive. I would argue yes.

amnesiac is the problem. The Bends is their greatest rock album and is arguably better than OK Computer in the context of them being a rock band.

You are kidding about Beyonce being in Salt & Peppa, right?

I thought this 4 album test was kind of silly but it's hard for many great artists to come up with four home runs in a row, isn't it, when you think about it?

Stevie Wonder has three clear utter masterpieces in Talking Book, Innervisions, and Songs in the Key of Life, but then Fulfillingness' First Finale, stuck in the middle there, is a notch less successful-- still great, though.

Much as I love the Band's first two records I don't think the next two can be counted as masterpieces.