So I'm going through and starring my favorite tracks and adding them to playlists but it dawns on me I don't quite understand the point. Can I get files of the songs or is it more like radio or Pandora? The catalog is pretty good but can I upload things?

Do you love it or is it the next thing to sign up for and then forget? Then, can you explain Google Plus to me?

• Like 11
  • Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So I'm going through and starring my favorite tracks and adding them to playlists but it dawns on me I don't quite understand the point. Can I get files of the songs or is it more like radio or Pandor

Let's not be defending the innovative sound of The Strokes, please. Credulity stretches only so far.

I almost bought a Sonos, because it integrates seamlessly into my Peachtree Nova. But I remembered that I only have one room.

It's not like the radio or Pandora - you can actually hear the songs you want to hear. A simple version of the three levels:

- free - you have to listen to a few ads an hour. You need an invite for this level.

- $4.99 month, no ads. Can't upload.

- $9.99 month, no ads and you can listen to it on your sound system and mobile. Can upload,I think.

And it seems you can share playlists, right?

you hear it when you want it, but you can't download, right? Offline Function isn't the same as owning an MP3 file.

I do admit jonesing for a song, buying the CD, playing it once, being happy, then filing it away. I guess this would take care of that.

My understanding is that you can't download songs but can play them at will; and that you can share playlists but not individual tracks. The unlimited free plays for your first six months has to be a strong selling point.

Thanks for this information. I've just signed up and it's allowing me to determine that Neutral Milk Hotel are a bunch of whining nonentities without spending any money.

If Neutral Milk Hotel had made three more records I'd be proposing them for the 4 album list...

And the Decemberists would have been too ashamed ever to make a record.

That's a very disappointing name for a band.

I read about a band called My Morning Jacket in the last New Yorker and became angry with them without even hearing their music.

Wilf, My Morning Jacket is famous. They're sometimes really good!

Upload or download?

$9.99 to purchase as many songs as I want?

Huh?

Adrian -- please email me a playlist of all those bands you identified.

TV on the Radio, Interpol, The Arcade Fire, The Strokes, The Knife, LCD Soundsystem, Pavement (begrudgingly), Neutral Milk Hotel, My Bloody Valentine, Outkast

Upload or download?

$9.99 to purchase as many songs as I want?

Huh?

Adrian -- please email me a playlist of all those bands you identified.

Downloads and it doesn't allow you to do that. It's a streaming service only. For $9.99 you can play those through your stereo or phone.