Dining with the Stars

Heading to Paris in 2 weeks and thinking of doing one or two starred lunches. Have been to Taillevent, Astrance, Bristol & Meurice (but it's been a few years on all of them) and looking for new recent input and recommendations. Who's been? What did you like? What didn't you like? Thanks!

btw I'll be in Paris Sun the 21st thru Sun the 28th so if anyone else is there and wants to meet for a bite or a drink let me know!

Just curious, where have you reserved?

Hi Nancy, my friend in Paris is making the ressies so I'm not sure what is booked just yet but this is the list she is working off of (keeping in mind that many places are closed in Aug)

Au Passage

Passage 53

Septime

Frenchie wine bar

le Crillon

le dauphin

Violin d'ingres

Racines

Square Marcadet

Chamarre montmartres

Mon Oncle

Agape Substance

• 2 weeks later...

As it is the summer holiday in Paris many of the restaurants are closed including Passage 53.

But we went to Septine last night for dinner and it was fabulous! everything from the interior to the cute waiters to the food! I just loved it and so did my friends. we took the Carte Blanch and for 55E had 5 courses which I thought was really good.

Also of note so far is a new very casual spot call Au Passage (1 bis passage Saint-Sébastien 75011 Paris Metro: Saint-Sebastien Froissart ) A set market menu gave you the choice of the plat for 9, plat and entree or dessert for 11 or all 3 for 13E. A friend and I had a delicious lunch there, the food was very seasonal and cooked wonderfully.

And in the 18th we ate at a lovely little spot called Square Mercadet that has a terrace in the back. Again, great food, great inexpensive prices- we had the 3 course menu with a pichet of wine for 30E each at dinner

Tonight I'm eating at le Dauphin- will report back!

As it is the summer holiday in Paris many of the restaurants are closed including Passage 53.

But we went to Septine last night for dinner and it was fabulous! everything from the interior to the cute waiters to the food! I just loved it and so did my friends. we took the Carte Blanch and for 55E had 5 courses which I thought was really good.

Also of note so far is a new very casual spot call Au Passage (1 bis passage Saint-Sébastien 75011 Paris Metro: Saint-Sebastien Froissart ) A set market menu gave you the choice of the plat for 9, plat and entree or dessert for 11 or all 3 for 13E. A friend and I had a delicious lunch there, the food was very seasonal and cooked wonderfully.

And in the 18th we ate at a lovely little spot called Square Mercadet that has a terrace in the back. Again, great food, great inexpensive prices- we had the 3 course menu with a pichet of wine for 30E each at dinner

Tonight I'm eating at le Dauphin- will report back!

I'm so glad you enjoyed Septime. I too loved every element of the restaurant.

• 10 months later...

It's that time of year again, when I travel to Paris in search of delicious places open in Aug!

We are hoping that Yam'tcha, Mini Palais, Sola and Apicius will be open, waiting to hear back.

What else is hot and worth seeking out this time around. I have to say that Agape Substance is still one of my favs from last year!

It's that time of year again, when I travel to Paris in search of delicious places open in Aug!

We are hoping that Yam'tcha, Mini Palais, Sola and Apicius will be open, waiting to hear back.

What else is hot and worth seeking out this time around. I have to say that Agape Substance is still one of my favs from last year!

Sola is opened near the end of August. So is Saturne. I believe Mini Palais is open all August, though I have heard not so great recent reports. Agape Substance was my favorite last year, especially my dinner there in May (even better than my July dinner).

Sola is opened near the end of August. So is Saturne. I believe Mini Palais is open all August, though I have heard not so great recent reports. Agape Substance was my favorite last year, especially my dinner there in May (even better than my July dinner).

Thanks Nancy, we have lunch booked at Mini so I will report back. my friend really wants to try it, fingers crossed. I'm going to check on those others right now!