Brooklyn Commune

OK I know Windsor Terrace is a culinary wasteland, but this place looks promising. Has anyone tried it?

I've been. I've only had soup there but it was excellent. A friend has tried the chicken and strawberry salad, which he thought was terrific. I keep meaning to go back but haven't yet.

One warning: it's really kid friendly so you'll find a lot of wild little people running around.

That's awesome! I don't minds kids. Wondering why the place hasn't got much exposure...

We've picked up sandwiches a handful of times, and it's a really nice addition to the neighborhood. They open late on the weekends which is odd because they would get tons of parents from the dance studio across the street starting early in the day. Have had a delicious chicken pasta salad and a very strange bean salad. The sodas made fresh were a hit with visiting relatives. Of the sandwiches, the blt is my favorite partly because of the guacamole on it. The pork sandwich isn't bad but seems to have too much going on. Housemade pickles and chips come with each meal. If they delivered, we would definitely order more often. The owners seem supernice and enthusiastic--it's great to have cheese and bread and condiments right here on Greenwood Ave. While I'm so happy they are here, Brancaccios a couple of blocks away gets way more of our sandwich business--I can't stop dreaming about their meatball and fresh mozzarella sandwich.

Looks like I'll have to do a field trip out there.