Sign in to follow this  
Nancy S.

Contagion

Back to "Contagion." I thought it was pretty good, but a friend took me to a SAG screening. If I were paying, I'd be a lot more critical. That being said, I found it plausible, although most of the "scariness" was telegraphed by the obtrusive musical score, always a flaw. For anyone who watches "Nova" or has read about the plague, there's not much new here, except that now, with improved transportation, viruses and bacteria can spread much more quickly than ever before.

For me, it was a waste of my (and my husband's) $26. I never see this kind of movie, but my husband persuaded me. (Though, to his credit, the reviews in The New Yorker and The New York Times were overwhelmingly positive.)

the reviews in The New Yorker and The New York Times were overwhelmingly positive.)

It was the review in the Times that led me to accept my friend's invitation. I can't imagine that I would have gone otherwise, but for what it was, it wasn't bad.

News from Lake Street (where we once lived) reminded me that one of the more unrealistic scenes was that there were at least two middle class white people on a bus at Lake & Lyndale.