NYC Foodie

To know him is to marvel. All I worry about is how someone with 2 million friends already will cope with the extra attention (Facebook tells me I have one mutual friend with everyone in the world, and it's always Josh).

NYC Foodie

(Of course, if this is a sneaky way of introducing the next Times dining critic, we have an issue... :lol: )

Maybe Josh will be reading this.

He's such a nice guy that, when I'm on a date, he always seems cautious to a fault over not overstaying his welcome performing tricks and just chatting. He clearly doesn't want to intrude. But my dates and I are always happy to have him, he and his tricks are so much fun (and from my dates' perspective, it's better than having to listen to me yammer on).

To know him is to marvel. All I worry about is how someone with 2 million friends already will cope with the extra attention (Facebook tells me I have one mutual friend with everyone in the world, and it's always Josh).

NYC Foodie

(Of course, if this is a sneaky way of introducing the next Times dining critic, we have an issue... :lol: )

Thanks for this link -- fabulous reading.

The rudeness must have been phenomenal to get that response from Josh.

oh, come on, you can't be serious. this is a typical Yelp-style reaction, no?

I would like to let you know that the WORST restaurant in America is called Shopsin's, and it is located in the Essex Street Market. Whatever you do, do NOT go there! And guess what? I haven't even eaten there!

and to this, i'd like to say grow the fuck up and go read some calvin trillin:

In fact, supposedly this place is known for their negativity, but that is unacceptable in NYC, and in our society. Everyone should be positive!

sounds very millennial cry-baby - ooooh, they were mean to me, i'll show'em!

i love how he bashes the place - "the WORST restaurant in America...Whatever you do, do NOT go there!" - under the veil of "There is no need for any negativity any time, any where" and "Everyone should be positive!" So "If you walk by Shopsin's, try not to look that way, I want you to have a great day!"

gimme a break

:rolleyes:

It's only notable because, as Nancy suggests, Josh is by some distance the most positive and cheerful food blogger you could read. He hates writing critical pieces. If it was anyone else, my reaction would have been "Of course, it's Shopsin's." Like telling me Sammy's Roumanian is a tasteless rip off.

It's only notable because, as Nancy suggests, Josh is by some distance the most positive and cheerful food blogger you could read. He hates writing critical pieces. If it was anyone else, my reaction would have been "Of course, it's Shopsin's." Like telling me Sammy's Roumanian is a tasteless rip off.

i don't deny him his enthusiasm for eating and recording the meals but sorry, that's just whining of wounded pride.

so much for being positive :lol:

also, if Restaurant Girl said things like these on her blog she would have been reamed here:

"My wallet gave me a standing ovation."

"My debit card made out with me."

"Your Welcome."