She's back.

l.jpg

Our friend who was shocked, shocked that the food at Spicy & Tasty was actually spicy. This time she reviews the food court at the Museum of Natural History. You're not going to believe this but the food court isn't good! What's worse, they ran out of Dino Nuggets!!!

One star.

Terrible food and terrible service. Avoid this place at all costs. We didn't know any better and expected that for such high prices, we would actually get something of quality. Boy were we mistaken.

We actually really wanted dino nuggets. (I mean, c'mon, how awesome do dino nuggets sound, right??) I asked the server behind the counter if they had any dino nuggets ready (they had a sign saying they serve dino nuggets) and he kept saying: "we don't have any right now." I told him that I understood that but asked when they would be ready, to which he once again replied: "we don't have any right now." And I said "will you have any at all today?" and he again replied "we don't have any right now." It felt like I was talking to a robot. That is not how a customer should be treated, especially not in a place where these people have experience serving thousands of customers a day.

I ordered a plate of BBQ chicken, potatoes, mac & cheese, beans, corn, and a dinner roll. The food tasted old, the BBQ chicken was extremely dry, and the corn (how can you go wrong with corn??) was mushy! And I paid $13 for my entire meal. They don't even have water bottles! Instead, you must get water in an extremely small dixie cup... we ended up using 15 dixie cups for water. How is this being "green" and supporting the environment? Oh, and their chicken nuggets are EXTREMELY dry!

The food is mass-produced, generic, bland-tasting, and borderline inedible. We both left feeling dissatisfied and slightly nauseated, and together, the two of us paid $30 for our meal. With that amount of money, one could get a nice, fresh, quality meal elsewhere.

These people are serving thousands of customers a day. I expected more from the Natural History Museum food court, especially given that they espouse the ideals of conservation. Should they not have more organic food? All I got out of my experience was mass-produced, cafeteria style, unhealthy food.

Never again!

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I am embarrassed to admit it but I use Yelp. It's coverage is broad and it has handy features like being able to locate nearby bars. That said, the ninny level is much higher than it should be. I'v

Yelp makes Mama Lucia's sound really good.

I saw that but it seemed amateurish. Here at MF we are the Seal Team 6 of ranting.   Come on, play along. Look up 2 of your favorite neighborhood restaurants on Yelp, sort the results by rating, a

I, myself, also hate restaurants that make hamburgers in the shape of a cow (or, if it's in NYC, the shape of a lamb). On the other hand, I really don't mind my chicken nuggets being assembled on the plate to look like a chicken. Now that's creative!

You'd like tomato soup reassembled to look like a chicken.

I, myself, also hate restaurants that make hamburgers in the shape of a cow (or, if it's in NYC, the shape of a lamb). On the other hand, I really don't mind my chicken nuggets being assembled on the plate to look like a chicken. Now that's creative!

You'd like tomato soup reassembled to look like a chicken.

Wow...can they do that?!

I wonder if she reads That Yelp Girl.

One of her many charming traits is that she reviews chain restaurants. Lots of them. Here's her take on BJ's Restaurant & Brewhouse in Culver City. Out of all the 130 BJ's restaurants in the United States she had to walk into this one.

One star. And she ordered a pizookie.

The experience at this BJ's was terrible. I have been to other BJ's and every other BJ's experience has been excellent. However, this BJ's is just absolutely terrible...

I came here with a friend to celebrate her med school acceptance. We were really excited for a night out. She ordered a pizza and I ordered a large clam chowder soup. The soup ended up coming in a very small cup! I asked if taht was a large and they said that it was. I can't even imagine what the small cup would look like. But it didn't stop there - I couldn't even eat the soup! It was EXTREMELY salty. It tasted like someone had dumped a bunch of salt in there.

My friend's pizza was much smaller than that size of pizza usually is at the other BJs.

We decided to get a pizookie and hoped that it would be better, but it was an extremely small pizookie! I've had pizookies from the other BJs dozens of times and have loved it every time, but this pizookie was very small!

All the portions at this BJs were small!

The service was absolutely terrible! it took a while for us to be served and when I told them my soup was too salty, they switched it out but it was still salty when they brought it back!

I really don't think that this is representative of BJ's restaurants in general. In fact, my very next review is going to be about the BJ's in Westwood, which is absolutely excellent and which I've been going to for years.

But DO NOT go to the BJ's in Culver City. It's seriously terrible and will most likely be a big waste of your time and money.

Everyone knows that the Culver City BJ's has smaller pizzas and pizookies. I actually went to that Westwood branch during my first week of college as some dorm outing and can't confirm it's "absolute excellence."

(I always thought Culver City BJs referred to something else).

We actually really wanted BJs. (I mean, c'mon, how awesome are BJs, right??) I asked the server behind the counter if they were ready to do any BJs (they had a sign on the front of the restaurant saying BJs) and he kept saying: "we can't do any right now." I told him that I understood that but asked when they would be ready, to which he once again replied: "we can't do any right now." And I said "will you do any at all today?" and he again replied "we can't do any right now." It felt like I was talking to a robot. That is not how a customer should be treated, especially not in a place where these people have experience servicing thousands of customers a day.

• Like 1

Just to be contrary, what's wrong with really lousy chain restaurants being called out on social media?

(Yes, I do see that it's funny.)

A 1 star McDonald's. As opposed to the thousands of fine McDonald's operating across our great country.

11329688565_f5230e5374_o.jpg