• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I am embarrassed to admit it but I use Yelp. It's coverage is broad and it has handy features like being able to locate nearby bars. That said, the ninny level is much higher than it should be. I'v

Yelp makes Mama Lucia's sound really good.

I saw that but it seemed amateurish. Here at MF we are the Seal Team 6 of ranting.   Come on, play along. Look up 2 of your favorite neighborhood restaurants on Yelp, sort the results by rating, a

My friend's brother thought of this concept.. My friend Therese has done a few of these "when real actors read yelp reviews" this is my favorite of hers.

She should have slammed her copy of Plutarch on the counter.

I am so not smart enough to understand your reference.

eh, i never did much book learnin.. my parents were kind of upset when the guidance counselor called and was concerned because I was looking at which colleges were considered the best "party" schools.

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

Bonnie's in Park Slope has been around for 15 years. Good burger, terrific wings. The aggregate Yelp rating is 4 stars but you can't please everybody.

After 5 years of going to Bonnies- I'm finally writing a review about they've given them chance after chance but enough is enough.

I was locked into Bonnie's because of their wings and burgers-but after so many years- you learn its a 50/50 chance with the outcome of your visit.
I went there yesterday with my fiance for a late lunch- only 2 tables were occupied the rest were free- so we decided to take a 4 top table. after the waiter took our order- a group of 3 people came in about 5 minutes later. The waiter came up to us and asked us to move to a 2 top table because they needed the table for the group of 3- so to avoid conflict we moved- however- the group sat at the bar-THE WAITER DIDNT EVEN ASK THEM WHERE THEY WANTED TO SIT AND ASKED US TO GET UP ANYWAY.

SECONDLY- MY EYES EAT MORE THAN MY STOMACH SO I ALWAYS ORDER ALOT- BUT THEIR TABLES ARE ALWAYS CLUTTERED WITH 4 TYPES OF MUSTARD-KETCHUP BOTTLE-MAYO-SALT AND PEPPER SHAKER- SUGAR BOWL- CANDLE - 5 TYPES OF HOT SAUCE AND ANYTHING ELSE THEY CAN PLOP DOWN- ALL THAT IS UNNECESSARY - ESPECIALLY WHEN ITS SO TIGHT TO BEGIN WITH.

SO THE WAITER COMES OVER WITH THE CARROTS AND CELERY- CELERY IS NOT CLEAN-DIRT IS STILL ON THE ENDS-CARROTS ARE SOFT AS IF THEY WERE IN THE FRIDGE FOR DAYS. THE WINGS ARRIVE AND 4 OF THEM WERE NOT CLEANED PROPERLY-FEATHERS WERE STILL ON THE WINGS!!!! WTF!!!

Let me decode this for you. Two people sat at a 4 top, were asked to move, and they were so pissed off that they decided to make stuff up.

But remember feathered chicken wings are a delicacy at Carbone. It's an old Italian Red-Gravy type recipe when wrapped in braised Kale and topped with a marinara sauce made from uni.

Another Bonnie's review. One star because they didn't 't kiss his ass.

Well, for starters the person that answers the phone seems to have few to none manners or understanding of what it is to answer a phone in a business. Lack of courtesy and common sense. So i placed the order of 1 Sm mild, and 1 Sm Medium orders of wings, for pick up in about 10 minutes. I venture to this place that claims to have the best wings in BK. As I arrived, and only 2 tables in, no one (of the 3 people) standing behind the counter acknowledged me, so I asked for my wings, one of them turn around , no smile, and asked my name, BTW the only order sitting there. As I walked out and head home, tried to forget the bad costumer service so it would not ruin my appetite. At home, big surprised, tasted 1, 2, 3, 4 wings to see if I was correct; I was!, the wings are tiny, given that I've paid $17 and change, $0.85/wing. basically no meat, the sauce used is the already prepared one, and if I'm not mistaken it's Frank's, and the blue cheese, store bought, right out of the jar. I guess the best I had was the carrots and celery!.. question to all this people that wrote "the best wings" do you actually understand anything about food?... If you do, you'll agree that these are not even worth my star
Bonnie's in Park Slope has been around for 15 years. Good burger, terrific wings. The aggregate Yelp rating is 4 stars but you can't please everybody.

After 5 years of going to Bonnies- I'm finally writing a review about they've given them chance after chance but enough is enough.

I was locked into Bonnie's because of their wings and burgers-but after so many years- you learn its a 50/50 chance with the outcome of your visit.

I went there yesterday with my fiance for a late lunch- only 2 tables were occupied the rest were free- so we decided to take a 4 top table. after the waiter took our order- a group of 3 people came in about 5 minutes later. The waiter came up to us and asked us to move to a 2 top table because they needed the table for the group of 3- so to avoid conflict we moved- however- the group sat at the bar-THE WAITER DIDNT EVEN ASK THEM WHERE THEY WANTED TO SIT AND ASKED US TO GET UP ANYWAY.

SECONDLY- MY EYES EAT MORE THAN MY STOMACH SO I ALWAYS ORDER ALOT- BUT THEIR TABLES ARE ALWAYS CLUTTERED WITH 4 TYPES OF MUSTARD-KETCHUP BOTTLE-MAYO-SALT AND PEPPER SHAKER- SUGAR BOWL- CANDLE - 5 TYPES OF HOT SAUCE AND ANYTHING ELSE THEY CAN PLOP DOWN- ALL THAT IS UNNECESSARY - ESPECIALLY WHEN ITS SO TIGHT TO BEGIN WITH.

SO THE WAITER COMES OVER WITH THE CARROTS AND CELERY- CELERY IS NOT CLEAN-DIRT IS STILL ON THE ENDS-CARROTS ARE SOFT AS IF THEY WERE IN THE FRIDGE FOR DAYS. THE WINGS ARRIVE AND 4 OF THEM WERE NOT CLEANED PROPERLY-FEATHERS WERE STILL ON THE WINGS!!!! WTF!!!

Let me decode this for you. Two people sat at a 4 top, were asked to move, and they were so pissed off that they decided to make stuff up.

If feathers were still on the wings, my respect for the place just skyrocketed. Always assumed that they used wings bought in bulk from some mass producer who was chemically/genetically engineering 4 winged crated chickens. Now I have a mental image of a bunch of old ladies (like my mom once was... even when she was younger) taking apart fresh chickens & singe-ing the hairs/feathers off the wings one by one. Dirt on the celery as well? How can anyone not see these things as good signs, especially in free range locavore Park Slope? Wait till the P.S. Food Co-op hears about this -- their memberships will be revoked.