Here we go again.

29 contestants to start. At least they broke them up into manageable teams and gave them a decent amount of screen time so I can judge them! Seattle didn't fare well at all. Of the 4 who started, 3 got cut immediately. When I read that the chef from Sutra, the well-regarded vegan restaurant in my neighborhood, was going to be on it - I knew he'd be gone immediately. But the other two surprised me. We'll see how the final one does next week.

Chicago is well represented. I love Hugh Acheson - so that will be fun to watch him this season.

Anyone else watching?

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm watching. It's funny because Uchi (local restaurant) has their sous in it - Paul Qui - and they held a watch party at the restaurant last night. Only, Qui didn't get to cook last night.

I really enjoyed the first episode. Brutal, really. But good fun. I was really happy when Tom sent the arrogant guy home for botching the butchering of the pig. Nice to see Hugh will be a judge. I'm not sure how I feel about Emeril.

Damn !@#$% DVR didn't record. Tried again lastnight, hopefully.

I wonder how many bbq related challenges they'll be

I am sure that they will run episode 1 next Weds right before 2.

I really enjoyed the first episode. Brutal, really. But good fun. I was really happy when Tom sent the arrogant guy home for botching the butchering of the pig.

Now, that was pure hilariousness.

And G turned to me and said, "Even you could cut a chop better than that".

• 2 weeks later...

are there no winners of the elimination challenges this time around? or just not in the early rounds?

mrs. jones says she is going to watch the season primarily to find out if the korean-american woman is going to ever cook something she doesn't put gochujang on.

Don’t worry, in a couple episodes she’ll feel the need to avoid being type casted, go outside her zone, screw up and get thrown off.

I took a chance coming in here since I have yet to see the latest episode. (I’ll try tonight, on dvr). I was thinking about the Royal Caribbean chef and how her superiors took her very early dismissal. I wonder if mentioning the company 50 times made up for any bad press.

They should have gotten a Celebrity contestant. Their food is much better. :cool:

I wondered about the no winner thing myself. The winner of the Quick Fire gets immunity but I remember the other winner getting bottles of wine, cash, trips, books.

And I totally notice they guy with two sets of glasses - I predict his sous will be in the competition longer than he is. He keeps mentioning how he wants to keep the guy, Richie (?) in the competition.

The Korean-American woman is so interesting. She ranted in WF about how her dish was the most important. And later cried while watching the father/daughter dance at the Quinceañera.

I haven't seen enough of people to pick a favorite. I did like guy on the green team who knew a lot about Mexican food. He was able to provide advice without sounding pompous and dismissive.