Paterno and Penn St

• Replies 391
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would say that he is a predator with no ties to the community..

He's lived in the community for more than 20 years, and has no prior convictions. Under precedent in Pennsylvania, it would be tough to require incarceration prior to trial. The court may have required him to hand over his passport, though. Accused killers of police officers in PA are given bail while awaiting trial, absent other risks.

As he has betrayed the entire community.

The accusations absolutely support that. I hope that parents of kids who've been through that sports camp have assured themselves that their kids didn't experience or witness inappropriate conduct.

Twitter aficionado Ashton Kutcher is just now learning that 140 characters are more than enough get him in trouble. After taking heat from followers for an ill-considered pro-Joe Paterno tweet, Kutcher is punting management of his Twitter account to his production company.

"Up until today I have posted virtually everyone of my tweets on my own, but clearly the platform has become to big to be managed by a single individual,"

-----

I'll take Hollywood actors with an IQ in the single digits for 200, Alex.

Twitter aficionado Ashton Kutcher is just now learning that 140 characters are more than enough get him in trouble. After taking heat from followers for an ill-considered pro-Joe Paterno tweet, Kutcher is punting management of his Twitter account to his production company.

"Up until today I have posted virtually everyone of my tweets on my own, but clearly the platform has become to big to be managed by a single individual,"

-----

I'll take Hollywood actors with an IQ in the single digits for 200, Alex.

that's so weird. martin short and rosie o'donnell were joking about how kutcher should hire out management of his tweets not long before the jo pa mess hit the twitterverse

It would be neat if the rioting students had the same interest in politics.

Future of America! If I was the parent of one of the students protesting/rioting last night.....

After I wrote it I thought, even better if the students were protesting about the poor kids being abused and no one with authority doing the right thing.

It would be neat if the rioting students had the same interest in politics.

Future of America! If I was the parent of one of the students protesting/rioting last night.....

That's what I was thinking. I used to find these stories sickening, now I also find them absolutely terrifying.

Yvonne -- are you serious??

The NY Times has an interesting background article on the role the governor of Pennsylvania played in the Penn State investigations.

As attorney general, Corbett summoned the grand jury hearing evidence on the case, was deeply involved in the process, and was bound by the rules of grand jury process not to disclose information uncovered. Subsequently elected governor, he was the de facto chief of Penn State, but couldn't reveal any of what he knew to the university or trustees. However, he felt the university had not been fully engaged in its own inquiries.

Apparently, he nudged the board to take firm action this week, and send a strong message which included firing people who were not going to be indicted. Firing somebody who has been indicted could be taken as a prejudicial act, I understand.

So when the Penn State case landed in Mr. Corbett’s lap in 2009, he did not hesitate, colleagues say, pressing forward on the investigation even as he ran for governor. Clinton County high school officials had reported charges to the local district attorney that Mr. Sandusky had molested a boy there, but, citing a conflict of interest, the prosecutor passed it on to the attorney general’s office to investigate.

“Here, he had a wildly popular football coach and a program which in Pennsylvania was revered, and this case lands in his office and without flinching he went down that path,” David Urban, a prominent Pennsylvania Republican lobbyist who was once former Senator Arlen Specter’s chief of staff, said of Mr. Corbett.

The more the attorney general’s office investigated, the more victims it found.

Penn State

I may not have been fully awake, but I could swear I heard it said on the radio this morning that the Graduate Assistant who brought this to Joe Paterno's attention is being kept off the field on Sunday and under protection, for fear of reprisals against him.

Reprisals AGAINST HIM????????????????

Are those Penn State students complete cretins?