Lippy

The Pete Wells Thread

I just picked myself up off the floor after being shocked by this daring, right out of left field appointment. Now I have to move the heavy irony out of the way so I can get on with my work.

That poor Anderson guy, stuck with another twelve years of po'boys. :lol:

If I run short of things to do, I am going to ask Oakie why it necessarily takes two months for Pete Wells to walk across the room to the other chair. :rotfl: :lmfao: :etc:

(It's okay, I have a headache and this didn't help.)

I have a beef with the number he did on SHO in the Diner's Journal. Otherwise I am as fair and open-minded as usual.

If I run short of things to do, I am going to ask Oakie why it necessarily takes two months for Pete Wells to walk across the room to the other chair. :rotfl: :lmfao: :etc:

Might I propose the possibility that Wells wasn't their first choice?

Hard to believe given the trend of the past 10 years.

It's easier to use someone who's a known quantity, and potentially cheaper in this age of downsizing, layoffs and salary considerations.

I don't think you'll be seeing a new critic (as in someone who's totally outside the New York City metropolitan universe) for at least five more years.

Yes, that seems a justified inference. I certainly take Taliesin's point about internal appointments, but the querulous pause is hard to explain if Wells was top of the list.

This is my guess. Other totally irrelevant reactions here: The Meaning of Meh.