The Pete Wells Thread

I've had goose intestines in Chinese restaurants in Brooklyn. (I didn't know geese had intestines.)

My mother insisted that I learn how to eviscerate a chicken. Yup, fowl do indeed have intestines. In fact that have foul intestines.

My mother said that perhaps I would marry a hunter and should know how to do such things. I told her that I would ask him first and marry him second. Hunters need not apply.

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

According to Eater   Let the grumbling begin.

Even now when everybody has seen pictures of all the major reviewers, there's hope for anonymous restaurant reviewing.

I am not playing the Taion Game any more. It consists of hair splitting, meaningless distinctions, and when pinned in the corner, a quick change in subject. It's not fun for me or anybody else excep

Posted Images

9:00 reservation for this Saturday at Mimi secured easily yesterday. I know it's summer but I think you'll be fine. Went ahead and made another for next week too!

It's seemingly impossible to get a reservation at MIMI earlier than 9pm any night of the week, though.

• 2 weeks later...

I think one star for Bistro Grunauer -- a restaurant I like very much -- is about right.

So will someone explain to me HOW THE FUCK Lilia gets three?

I did look up Seasonal: two stars. And the Grunauer food doesn't read as sophisticated as Seasonal, so that seems right.

He lifted his chin and gave an indulgent chuckle. In that laugh was compressed the entire history of Austria’s contributions to European culture.

Some chuckle.

Little toothbrush mustaches?

I think one star for Bistro Grunauer -- a restaurant I like very much -- is about right.

So will someone explain to me HOW THE FUCK Lilia gets three?

I did look up Seasonal: two stars. And the Grunauer food doesn't read as sophisticated as Seasonal, so that seems right.

FWIW, The Times totally ignored Seäsonal until Eric Asimov reviewed it in the inter-critic interregnum.