So I had some more foie gras that evening. Gracie’s has fine dining written all over it, table cloths, uniformed staff, tasting menus. Not as revelatory as Persimmon and considerably more expensive.

But to give credit, the kitchen served me a duck breast, incredibly rare (but with crisp skin) that was neither rubbery nor chewy. Are they just getting higher quality ingredients up here than in Manhattan? I would not bet a cent on being served rare but tender meat two nights in a row in NYC restaurants.

This was part of a seven course tasting menu, the only disappointing part of which was an over cooked fish. Oh and the foie gras portion was about half the size of Persimmon.

This was a good eating trip.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

May be there for a couple of nights.   Ideally I would like a "best restaurant in town" type of suggesion, plus a suggestion or two for traditional/local/historic. For example, a traditional shore

Maybe it's time I rescheduled that trip.

Nibbling in New England.   I'm doing a little nibbling in New England. Had to pass thru Providence on Wednesday and overnight it there. Manic munch for lunch. Re-immersed in Italian in the eveni