MSG going off the TimeWarner network?

The brinksmanship continues. Maybe Congress will step in and pass a la carte pricing for cable and satellite programming. Let people buy what they want, and not pay for stuff they don't want.

I'll be happy to pay my 16 cents for HGTV and not pay $4 for stuff I never watch.

Madison Square Garden Co.'s sports networks won't be available for Time Warner Cable Inc. subscribers in the new year, as the two sides were unable to resolve a dispute over programming costs.

The apparent failure to resolve the dispute is expected to result in the loss of New York Knicks and Rangers games for the cable distributor's subscribers. Both sides leveled accusations at each other late Saturday over who caused the loss of programming for fans, continuing a war of words that had escalated of late. Over the past week, the two companies have run advertisements blaming each other for threatening to black out games for New York Sports fans.

WSJ

The brinksmanship continues. Maybe Congress will step in and pass a la carte pricing for cable and satellite programming. Let people buy what they want, and not pay for stuff they don't want.

I'll be happy to pay my 16 cents for HGTV and not pay $4 for stuff I never watch.

Probably wont happen. All but 5 or 6 cable channels would instantly go out of business.

Probably wont happen. All but 5 or 6 cable channels would instantly go out of business.

That seems to be the problem. Like automobile makers, they put the single option you want in a package of unrelated but expensive options you don't want.

With all the news about MSG going off, no one has reported that we also lost Universal Sports. According to Time Warner, NBC has been giving the channel for free and now wants to charge. I guess they figure they have some leverage considering it's an Olympic year and they use the channel for spillover and Olympic Trials.

Blovie tells me we're getting the NHL Network as a replacement for losing hockey. This means I actually get to watch the world juniors (Canadians will understand the significance of this).

Will you get it in time to watch the semi-finals tomorrow?

I'll definitely be able to watch the 2nd game featuring team Canada. As for the Sweden game - my guess is I'll get home towards the end of the 2nd period.

With all the news about MSG going off, no one has reported that we also lost Universal Sports. According to Time Warner, NBC has been giving the channel for free and now wants to charge. I guess they figure they have some leverage considering it's an Olympic year and they use the channel for spillover and Olympic Trials.

I wondered about that. The Giants game had end to end advertising for "NBC Universal Sports" with many NBC sports personalities working the promo efforts.

Comcast has to pay for the purchase of NBC somehow.