What is the most boring sport in the world?

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I watched hurling after a few drinks once, and it was engrossing. I am sure it would be amazing if you were stoned.

Anyone got stats on golf? Strikes me as fantastically dull to watch (of course a lot of sports which are fun to play would be boring to watch).

I wouldn't expect anyone who didn't play golf to enjoy watching it, but I know some golfer-wives that do. If you play, it's interesting to watch technique, etc., and be amazed at the level of their ability. Also, since there are so many players and so many cameras on a course -- especially for the majors -- there's far more "action" watching golf than watching baseball. I mean, if you get turned on by watching a pitcher shake off the sign and stare down the runner at first, you'll be positively giddy when Tiger crouches to read a putt.

Of course, while watching you must turn off your brain and ignore the aristocratic exclusiveness of the game. It's hard to reconcile watching a tournament at the Westchester Country Club, knowing that I could never be more than a "token" member. And seeing Tiger play at a course that doesn't allow African-Americans? Don't even get me started about Augusta.

I watched hurling after a few drinks once, and it was engrossing. I am sure it would be amazing if you were stoned.

Hurling or curling? Because hurling is always fun to me. Every one has a hurley (stick) and they can use them in tackles!

Oh --

The most boring sport is baseball.

Followed by Soccer: Like watching an anthill with attractive ants; hockey: Like open-play recess at a school for juvnile delinquents; basketball; back and forth, back and forth; tennis: back and forth, back and forth; the summer olympics; the winter olympics.

NASCAR, of course, is not a sport, but a crime prevention tactic. Like infants are enthralled with a spinning mobile perched above their cribs and will stare quietly for hours, rednecks can be herded into large stadiums to sit and watch cars drive around in circles, during which time they will not be manufacturing methamphetamine, driving drunk, composing country music, committing rape or lynching.

NASCAR, of course, is not a sport, but a crime prevention tactic. Like infants are enthralled with a spinning mobile perched above their cribs and will stare quietly for hours, rednecks can be herded into large stadiums to sit and watch cars drive around in circles, during which time they will not be manufacturing methamphetamine, driving drunk, composing country music, committing rape or lynching.

OMG...I can't breathe...

Sailing, cross-country skiing, marathons....all WAY more boring that baseball to watch....

NFL football:

According to a Wall Street Journal study of four recent broadcasts, and similar estimates by researchers, the average amount of time the ball is in play on the field during an NFL game is about 11 minutes.

In other words, if you tally up everything that happens between the time the ball is snapped and the play is whistled dead by the officials, there's barely enough time to prepare a hard-boiled egg.