Sign in to follow this  
tsquare

Hospice

Hi all,

No idea where to put the irreverent musings and hope I won't offend (too much). Enrolled yesterday in Hospice in search of pain management and relief from all the crummy side effects. My status has changed greatly since December 31. I wish it was a terrible hangover, virus, or parasite, but the pattern appears to match what just happens as the disease takes over and treatment is anticipated to cause more harm that good.

Since dx a little over three years ago, we've traveled to Vancouver, Victoria, San Francisco, Mexico, Tampa, Washington DC, Lummi Island, and Sicily. Some good food, some good memories, and lots of depth to my relationships. Focus is not so good, so my posts may be fewer and a little less likely to make sense without replacing words that don't get fixed by spell check.

I hope future meals are more exciting than today' intake - so far, water (hooray!) a couple of ounces of plain yogurt and 2/3 of a strawberry popsicle. I'm going to see if I can eat something a bit crunchy. Our kitchen is full of abundance, in case anyone is hungry.

Just another night to appreciate whatever you have, especially the good stuff.

Stephanie

My wife's time in a hospice was one of the great, most exalted, experiences of our life together. It's amazing how a good hospice knows what their patients and their families need. It was a relief after months of dealing with clueless hospitals. I hope that in your case, as in ours, the decision to move to hospice was joyful (although not, of course, unalloyedly so).

The food, on the other hand, was negligible.

Stay positive, Stephanie.

Stephanie,

I'll give the Mouthfuls knitters your update. If there is any way that we can get in touch with you personally via letters and emails, and you would be open to that, please let me know and I'll spread the word.

We want to be a part of your journey.

Hugs,

Jane

It sounds like you fully intend to take joy in your continued journey. Much love to you.

Stephanie, I send you virtual hugs (and Beast sends purrs). May your journey be smooth and may you be surrounded by much love.

Ah Stephanie, I send you many big hugs as well & look forward to many more irreverent musings, sense be damned! I have always loved your voice here.

My wife's time in a hospice was one of the great, most exalted, experiences of our life together. It's amazing how a good hospice knows what their patients and their families need. It was a relief after months of dealing with clueless hospitals. I hope that in your case, as in ours, the decision to move to hospice was joyful (although not, of course, unalloyedly so).

Same experience with my mother.

My thoughts are with you.

I wish tsquare would post...

I'm here, waiting for my nurse to come have a look / talk. Afraid I'm still not eating and the fluids are not up to snuff, but we're trying.

Thanks for all the good wishes.

I'm here, waiting for my nurse to come have a look / talk. Afraid I'm still not eating and the fluids are not up to snuff, but we're trying.

Thanks for all the good wishes.

Stephanie you are in my thoughts every day.