i only watched the last 5 minutes or so of last night's game. the sack and the interception that killed any potential jets comeback were not sanchez' fault. don't know about the rest of the game.

His line was like Swiss Cheese. He was on the run the entire game.

• Replies 581
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Can we also mention that, if the Ravens don't make the goal line stand, John Harbaugh's failure to use his timeouts before the 2:00 minute warning would have been one of the greatest clock management

Because Stone and all the pundits will be predicting   NFC East:   1. Eagles 2. Cowboys 3. Giants 4. Redskins   unless Washington moves up and gets Griffin when they'd be favored over the Gia

Do I have a problem with it... nope. It was fun to watch. So's RG III. But Stone got my opinion right. And I dont agree with you or joe that Kaepernick's running style is better than RG III's vis

Pressure or not, he’s completed less than half his passes all season. The line can’t be blamed for all of that. He lacks instinct - doesn’t know when to get out of the pocket. Being slow doesn’t help. He doesn’t scan the field well, telegraphing intended receivers and inviting tipped balls. The accuracy and timing are extra bad this year. He looks like a scared backup.

Yes. Sanchez is not the only problem on the Jets's offense. Right now, he's just a mediocre quarterback on a mediocre offense. If the rest of the offense played better, Sanchez would probably play better. But he's not good enough to raise the level of play on his own.

Yes. Sanchez is not the only problem on the Jets's offense. Right now, he's just a mediocre quarterback on a mediocre offense. If the rest of the offense played better, Sanchez would probably play better. But he's not good enough to raise the level of play on his own.

We could use this as a template for some other teams and QBs.

I think Sanchez success is directly proportional to the strength of the Jets' running game. In 2009 he had Thomas Jones and, when Jones wore down, Shonn Greene. In 2010 he had Ladanian Tomlinson (who proved he had one more great year left) and Greene to spell him. Last year time caught up to LT and he was used mostly as a 3rd down back. Greene couldn't carry the load. And this year they have Greene backed up by McKnight.

Ground and Pound doesn't work if you can't run the ball.

The Jets season is over. They'll win some games but it won't matter.

I think Sanchez success is directly proportional to the strength of the Jets' running game. In 2009 he had Thomas Jones and, when Jones wore down, Shonn Greene. In 2010 he had Ladanian Tomlinson (who proved he had one more great year left) and Greene to spell him. Last year time caught up to LT and he was used mostly as a 3rd down back. Greene couldn't carry the load. And this year they have Greene backed up by McKnight.

Ground and Pound doesn't work if you can't run the ball.

The Jets season is over. They'll win some games but it won't matter.

At least you have a team. :(

I think Sanchez success is directly proportional to the strength of the Jets' running game.

Greene ran for more than 160 yards yesterday. Surprise - the Jets won. It won't be anywhere near as easy next week against the Patriots although their loss to Seattle yesterday shows they're beatable.

The Giants looked terrific yesterday. The 49ers mouthed off all week and in the end the Giants shoved the ball down their throats. That was a statement win.

You think the Giants are looking forward to playing the Redskins and RG3 twice a year? What a terrific game. One of the Giants was quoted as saying that RG3 is already better than Vick and Cam Newton. That's high praise for a kid starting his 7th game. That said, there is no better 4th quarter QB in the game today than Eli.

That was a tough loss for the Jets. Their running game was effective and Sanchez usually had plenty of time to throw. There were some key offensive and defensive lapses that decided the game. I'm somewhat encouraged that the Jets offense finally seems to have found it's stride. Now the team just needs to play with more consistency.

You know he looked great - but the NFL has a habit of figuring out dynamic QBs like that. A little more film on him out there and some game time against him and all of a sudden the game becomes a lot harder.

This is not to say I don't think he's an amazing talent, or that he doesn't have long career in front of him, but the reason why he'll be a better LT QB than Vick and probably Newton is his throwing accuracy. They'll figure out the scrambling, they'll figure out the read option stuff, etc, etc.

But he's gonna have some tough games.

Ditto. He's great to watch, but there's a reason why superbowls are won by Bradies, Breeses, and Mannings's. Scramblers don't last long, and when the organization tries to convert them to "pure pocket passers," they tend to fall apart. Michael Vick, Randall Cunningham, Kordell-Sometimes-There-Is-Crying-In-Football Stewart, etc. They all have some great passing games, but not enough to really make a career out of it.

Cowboys have become irrelevant. If Garrett can't discipline the offense, they'll be looking for another coach in the off-season.

Agreed. The other thing is that somebody needs to explain to him that he's not Superman. Run around too often and someone will hit you really hard. A run every now and then is great but if he overdoes it the defense will crush him. Still, if he breaks containment and looks down the field for his receivers he'll make life hell for defensive backs.

I plan to clear my schedule for all future Giants/Skins games. They should be lots of fun to watch.

Ditto. He's great to watch, but there's a reason why superbowls are won by Bradies, Breeses, and Mannings's. Scramblers don't last long, and when the organization tries to convert them to "pure pocket passers," they tend to fall apart. Michael Vick, Randall Cunningham, Kordell-Sometimes-There-Is-Crying-In-Football Stewart, etc. They all have some great passing games, but not enough to really make a career out of it.

As I recall Cunningham turned into more of a pocket passer late in his career. Didn't he have a terrific year with the Vikings at the end?

I think we all agree that RG3 needs to dial back the running if he wants to stay injury free.

As I recall Cunningham turned into more of a pocket passer late in his career. Didn't he have a terrific year with the Vikings at the end?

Yes, of course. That was the Randy Moss run. Daunte, Jeff George, Randall Cunngingham each had career years heaving the back deep to Moss.

But I'm not saying Cunningham was a bad quarterback. I thought he had some great years with Philly. But, eventually, he had to stop running and throw.