This is very sad news indeed. I had been trying to reach her and, when I hadn't heard back, I feared the worst.

Back in the day, there was a friendly competition to post about the restaurant openings. I remember telling one person "you have to tell me first, I don't want to get one upped by tsquare"!

Leslie and I had a lovely dinner at Anchovies and Olives with her one night. She was a very interesting person.

This is very sad. Although I never met her, she brought an abundance of energy and light to the site.

Very well said RP.

Once I again I find myself thinking of the power of this community - how we develop relationships with people we never meet face-to-face and mourn their loss.

My condolences.

She also critiqued my grant applications a few years ago: she donated her time to FOCO generously and thoughtfully: I received a lot of helpful feedback from her. Lauren, do you think you could direct Michael to this thread eventually?

So sad! Even though she lived here in Seattle, I never had the pleasure of meeting her, but I always enjoyed her posts. Back when she was finishing up her 1st round of extensive treatments, she found out through mutual friends that I was starting treatment for early stage breast cancer (now 2.5 years free) and she sent me a kind, supportive, slightly acerbic message entitled "sorry sisterhood". It really touched me. RIP, Stephanie.

I read about her passing while at work, and I almost cried at my desk. We had only started corresponding relatively recently, but she was so warm and generous. While I'm relieved she's no longer in pain, my heart is breaking for M and the kittehs.

RIP, Stephanie.