• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

I cooked down the rhubarb and strawberries that I bought last week. As good as it on its own, it's even better with freshly whipped cream.

Yes, everyone has California strawberries on sale. I've bought 8 quarts in the last week. I macerated some early in the week, cooked some down for strawberry sauce for jarring and saved the largest for chocolate dipping.

That plus the two large pineapples I just chopped up, and I will be OD'ing on fruit the next couple days. (I didn't realize until after I bought them that sitting pineapples out on the counter do not make them ripen; they just rot. :lol: )

Yes, everyone has California strawberries on sale. I've bought 8 quarts in the last week. I macerated some early in the week, cooked some down for strawberry sauce for jarring and saved the largest for chocolate dipping.

That plus the two large pineapples I just chopped up, and I will be OD'ing on fruit the next couple days. (I didn't realize until after I bought them that sitting pineapples out on the counter do not make them ripen; they just rot. :lol: )

I'm not up of the price of west coast strawberries - mine came from the greenmarket (Visconti Farms). The scent was so entrancing that I had to buy them and I was pleasantly suprised at how sweet they were. This week I'll probably pick up 2 boxes.