Actually, Cathy's cats are quite appealing in person. (Did I say "in person"??? :o )

Cathy's cats are, as the young folk say, Da bomb ( that means good BTW)

I was so taken with them that i did not once wonder how they might taste or how best they could be prepared

• Like 2
  • Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I've got two. Scobie and BooBoo, the white cats.     Let's see Cherry! And Lucy and Mack! And Wilma, of course!

Cathy's cats are, as the young folk say, Da bomb ( that means good BTW)   I was so taken with them that i did not once wonder how they might taste or how best they could be prepared

And my two giants are always trying to stuff themselves into spaces far smaller than they are.   Thanks for the advice on falling cats, all. Glyn confirmed my fears that shorter drops are more dan

North, a big, sweet 7 year old boy cat who's entire bottom half is white and has a black and brown stripey top, allows my boys to carry him around like a furry purse and likes to eat mice and birds - but ever since a nearly fatal racoon attack in 2000, has only three teeth and therefor can only maul them. Kind gross.

His brother Chester is a 6 year old, completely kooky yellow lab who isn't even nearly yellow (he's brownish), welcomes strangers into our home with great enthusiasm, farts incessantly and likes to rub his tushy on the big rug. Kinda gross.

I have eaten cat once ( well kitten ) and very good it was too. moist and delicious.

Somebody has to ask, so let it be me...

Did the kitten taste like chicken?

(I spent the afternoon at my brother's home. His bichon puppy was harassed by several very large feral rabbits, so I had the opportunity to consider how lapin might taste. My golden retriever would have made short work of the varmints, had she been with us)

Gave Scobie and BooBoo baths today. Not exactly willingly but... clean smelling white cats who seem to be extra-loving and cuddly is the outcome.

I should bathe Mack & Lucy, but the "not exactly willingly" is holding me back. :D

Gave Scobie and BooBoo baths today. Not exactly willingly but...  clean smelling white cats who seem to be extra-loving and cuddly is the outcome.

I should bathe Mack & Lucy, but the "not exactly willingly" is holding me back. :D

Trim their nails before and you'll have better luck. If you happen to have a wet suit on hand...

Trim their nails before and you'll have better luck. If you happen to have a wet suit on hand...

I was thinking birthday suit, which would make the nail-trimming even more advisable.

Lucy has discovered (as Mack did a month ago) that the wood railing on the 2nd floor - which opens on an unobstructed drop to the floor below - is an ideal kitty balance beam. My heart stops every time one of them jumps up here. No slips so far, but I put a big puffy dog bed on the table at the bottom. Maybe a trampoline would be better.

I live on the second (top) floor of a block of flats (is this third floor in American?). My cats have all fallen from the window sills/balcony railing to the ground over the years - a considerable distance - with no ill effects. The older generation of cats only did it a couple of times and learnt their lesson. In fact my remaining older cat is extremely wary.

But the young one has fallen a good dozen times (although not recently) and doesn't seem to be in the least bothered by the experience. My neighbours are all astounded when they see her ambling along the window sill which goes the length of the building.

Granted, it is a garden below (yard in American?) so they fall into bushes or onto grass.

If the drop in your place is only to the floor below, I really wouldn't be too worried. Cats are remarkable creatures.

v

Cats reputedly do worst in intermediate height falls (3/4 stories). They do quite well falling from greater heights, possibly because they manage some sort of parachute effect. This opaquely written website has some info (and pictures of falling cats).

even at one floor drops, they tend to sprain their legs...we had one cat back in Israel that used to sleep on a pergola overlooking the back yard. It apparently fell while it was asleep and hit its head against a stone...

anyway, a trampoline (or some cat repellant on the railing) may not be a bad idea.

I have one cat, the magnificent Maeb. She is tiny, black and slightly insane. My favourite game with her is "chase." I chase her around the flat until she hides under something, and as soon as I "give up" and start to leave she leaps out and chases me around the flat. Sometimes she tackles me (or rather, she tries to wrap her front legs around one of my calves).

Maeb is under the impression that she is much larger than she actually is. :lol: