Maeb is under the impression that she is much larger than she actually is. :lol:

And my two giants are always trying to stuff themselves into spaces far smaller than they are. :D

Thanks for the advice on falling cats, all. Glyn confirmed my fears that shorter drops are more dangerous than higher ones.

• Like 2
  • Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I've got two. Scobie and BooBoo, the white cats.     Let's see Cherry! And Lucy and Mack! And Wilma, of course!

Cathy's cats are, as the young folk say, Da bomb ( that means good BTW)   I was so taken with them that i did not once wonder how they might taste or how best they could be prepared

And my two giants are always trying to stuff themselves into spaces far smaller than they are.   Thanks for the advice on falling cats, all. Glyn confirmed my fears that shorter drops are more dan

Gave Scobie and BooBoo baths today. Not exactly willingly but...  clean smelling white cats who seem to be extra-loving and cuddly is the outcome.

I should bathe Mack & Lucy, but the "not exactly willingly" is holding me back. :D

If you want to bathe your brood buy one of those half window screen inserts and place it in the bottom of the tub. Put about four inches of warm water in the tub and place a big fluffy towel beside the tub before you bring the cat into the bathroom. Place the cat in the water-its first reaction will be to clutch the screen. While its stuck, soap and rinse the cat's body(leave the head alone) at lightning speed using the standing water(running the tap will cause terror). After rinsing bring the cat out and drop the big fluffy towel on it. Rub vigorously. Release. Repeat the set up and hunt down the next cat. A wet cat is very funny looking. Try to resist photographing it.

These are the three that run my life:

beans.gif

Beans, the cat (I stole his name for my screen name).

boo.gif

Boo Boo, with one of her most frequent facial expressions.

rocky.gif

Rocky, my most spoiled little darling, head on pillow and under the comforter.

Thanks Cathy!

Boo is a bit Maine Coon like. She was a stray that came to me after some horrible accident with who knows what. Broken hip, leg and a gash the whole length of her little body. My vet even thought perhaps a Norwegian Forest Cat.

One theory about the Maine Coon's origin is that Norwegian Forest Cats were aboard the ships of early US explorers/settlers, and wandered off to mate with the locals. (Somewhat more plausible than the cat/raccoon cross theory.)

Boo looks like a very happy, healthy cat.

Our attachments to all kinds of beings are inexplicable sort of.

We have a betta fish we adopted after somebody else dumped it.

now after more than a year it'd living with us, i sterted to notice that she's not feeling well. :( Guess what: i'm under the water for several days, monitoring her every hour or so and Alex got her some new plantings to cheer her up :o ...

Chertik and Cherry enjoying the sounds and fragrance of a nice Spring evening:

3634.jpg

We actually shared this sofa for four days straight as it is the essental part of my home office (me almost in the same position as Cherry in front of my laptop, mercifully not shown)

My dad has 3 cats, all Himalayans. 2 white, and one grey and black. Their names are Bob, Jake, and Sable (the female).

In addition, I have a ridiculous obsession with Golden Retrievers. We used to own one, but he passed away a few years ago. Now that I live on my own, I've been looking to get another. The late, Reebok:

reebok.jpg

Aw Chris, that's a sweet puppy. Your sketches of Bob were wonderful.

Helena, Chertik has become one of Lucy's nicknames.

Mack's latest enthusiasm is drinking from my water glass. We thought maybe he was responding to the coldness, and offered him a bowl of water from the gallon in the fridge. Nope, it has to be MY glass.

Lucy discovered that if she bites one end of her cat dancer (a curved length of piano wire with cardboard bobbles at each end) she can spin in circles and chase the other end. I haven't been able to snap a photo of this yet but it's fun to watch.

My cat is matzoh-obsessed. I'm not kidding. This is a cat who has NEVER not even once eaten anything but dry cat food. The matzoh box is on the counter, she jumps up, tries to open the box, she goes nuts, as if it were catnip...we had to move the matzoh box up into a cabinet (it's been living on the counter). I've never ever seen her behave this way.