• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I've got two. Scobie and BooBoo, the white cats.     Let's see Cherry! And Lucy and Mack! And Wilma, of course!

Cathy's cats are, as the young folk say, Da bomb ( that means good BTW)   I was so taken with them that i did not once wonder how they might taste or how best they could be prepared

And my two giants are always trying to stuff themselves into spaces far smaller than they are.   Thanks for the advice on falling cats, all. Glyn confirmed my fears that shorter drops are more dan

Maybe if you can get him to sit in your lap, neither of you will feel alone no matter what happens.

Right now, Copland's beautiful orchestration of "Simple Gifts" is playing on the radio. It seems fitting. And yes, I am tearing up, too.

Coming out of the woodwork, Carrie, to say how unbelievably blessed you have been with such a companion. He's more than a cat (even though they all are). He's one of the most amazing felines I've ever seen. I can hardly bear the thought of his light going out in your life, especially these days. :(

Your cat licks celery and drinks Sauternes? Kitty Bitty (whom I'm thinking of renaming "Batty Catty") came in the house last week, meowing with her mouth FULL of a writhing gopher, which she wanted to deposit into the collective catfood bowl. I protested loudly, and she gave me a look that only a supremely stupid cat can give. (Oddly, she looks enough like Mr. Chequers to be his sister. But she's a bumpkin, and Mr. Chequers is a gentleman and a scholar.)

I am so sorry for you to have to part with such a love. But I will repeat you have been blessed, enormously, to have been someone in your life for 18 years who reveals every day that you have a heart of gold.

Carrie, if he is hiding, he knows that it is time. I agree with pras that a house call vet is less traumatic for the human too. Hugs to you both. He has had a wonderful journey with you.

I broke Callie's fancy porcelain food dish and I think my toe when I dropped it. She walked over surveyed the damage and smacked my leg with her paw. Anyone know of a sale on pillivuyt?

You really must be upset. You're using proper capitalization. It's very unsettling. Should we worry?

I broke Callie's fancy porcelain food dish and I think my toe when I dropped it. She walked over surveyed the damage and smacked my leg with her paw. Anyone know of a sale on pillivuyt?

You really must be upset. You're using proper capitalization. It's very unsettling. Should we worry?

I think maybe Callie was typing that...

My Chesapeake Bay Retriever had to be euthanized on Friday. Kendall was 16 years old. I bought her one week after my graduation from college. She was with me through some tumultuous times, including poverty, law school, multiple moves from one inadequate housing situation to another, my start in the legal profession, and finally to my current status of being married with stepdaughters. For much of those 16 years she was my only companion. She was in every way a perfect dog. Fortunately, her health was robust right up to a few months before her death. She was a happy and loving dog, and I hope I gave her half as much as she gave me.