• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I've got two. Scobie and BooBoo, the white cats.     Let's see Cherry! And Lucy and Mack! And Wilma, of course!

Cathy's cats are, as the young folk say, Da bomb ( that means good BTW)   I was so taken with them that i did not once wonder how they might taste or how best they could be prepared

And my two giants are always trying to stuff themselves into spaces far smaller than they are.   Thanks for the advice on falling cats, all. Glyn confirmed my fears that shorter drops are more dan

Our cat Marilyn used to steal dollar bills and hide them behind furniture, we did not know she did this, but when we moved we found $37 dollars!! She also like dto chase and fetch scrunched up paper, so we think it was the crinkling of the bills, but she never brought them back!

A note on pulling strings and stuff out of dogs' or cats' bums, if it doesn't come out easily, and I mean very easily, do not pull any further... the offending string, rubber band, etc could be tangled or wrapped around some internal organ and cause a lot of damage, to the vet - stat!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kYSoy71ib7A

I thought this video was cute, and wondered how my cat would react if I threw her on the bed. I tried it out just before her late-night snack time, from a distance of maybe two or three feet. She didn't seem to care about it too much, and she didn't scratch me up, so I figured it was OK.

Not so much. She didn't come to bed after eating, and when I woke up around 3 or 4am, she still wasn't there, so I went looking for her. I found her on the couch and as I approached her, she ran away. Oops.

She's OK now, and is back in her rightful place of napping, but I won't be throwing her on the bed again.

Darn. It looked like fun!

I thought this video was cute, and wondered how my cat would react if I threw her on the bed. I tried it out just before her late-night snack time, from a distance of maybe two or three feet. She didn't seem to care about it too much, and she didn't scratch me up, so I figured it was OK.

Not so much. She didn't come to bed after eating, and when I woke up around 3 or 4am, she still wasn't there, so I went looking for her. I found her on the couch and as I approached her, she ran away. Oops.

She's OK now, and is back in her rightful place of napping, but I won't be throwing her on the bed again.

I've often wondered if people get some of those wacky pix on Cheezburger by tossing their cats in the air & snapping the results.

The gals were catching a mid day nap..

5197040843_b0becf1776.jpg

Where's the lovely Lola?

And what are you doing with Stone's dog?

Does Stone really have a dog.. Because, he comes pretty close to stealing, Quinn, whenever he sees her..

I've often wondered if people get some of those wacky pix on Cheezburger by tossing their cats in the air & snapping the results.

i'm pretty sure if i tried that with callie, she'd kill me in my sleep and i take far too many naps to risk it

Our cat Marilyn used to steal dollar bills and hide them behind furniture, we did not know she did this, but when we moved we found $37 dollars!!

And here we all thought diamonds were a girl's best friend!

Indeed! I wish she had been secreting diamonds....

Our boy Figaro used to enjoy being thrown on the bed as above, but he wasn't boomerang kitty! That is so cute!

After the "throwing on the bed" incident, Kitty has been wary of me, and reluctant to sleep on my bed. I thought I had scarred her for life.

Turns out she just wanted me to wash my comforter. I just washed it, and as soon as it went back on my bed, she curled up on it and took a nap. Should have done it sooner, so she wouldn't have knocked all my freshly washed and folded laundry off the ironing board in her search for a comfortable place to nap this morning.

Just because she's cute, she thinks she has me wrapped around her little paw. :rolleyes:

Nataly's dog has a degenerative issue in her neck. Pain pills and anti inflammatories. Old dog stuff. They are at the emergency vet right now because the poor dog is obviously not her usual perky self.

I'm dreading the outcome of this. Has anyone else had a small dog with this problem? This dog is Nataly's best friend...

Jane--sorry about Nataly's dog. I hope she's a little better tonight.

Don't know how you feel about this, but have you ever considered acupuncture and/or massage? Sometimes helps for humans (my mother has degenerative issues with her neck), at least with pain relief, so it might help for pets, too.

I did a brief search, and http://alt4animals.com/contact.htm this guy does pet acupuncture in Austin. He's not taking new patients until December 1, though.

http://www.yext.com/vets/services/holistic/tx/austin/ is a list of vets that practise holistic pet care, but I don't know which, if any, practise acupuncture or massage. (And some of them list "declawing" as a selling point!!! Definitely NOT a selling point for me!)