• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I've got two. Scobie and BooBoo, the white cats.     Let's see Cherry! And Lucy and Mack! And Wilma, of course!

Cathy's cats are, as the young folk say, Da bomb ( that means good BTW)   I was so taken with them that i did not once wonder how they might taste or how best they could be prepared

And my two giants are always trying to stuff themselves into spaces far smaller than they are.   Thanks for the advice on falling cats, all. Glyn confirmed my fears that shorter drops are more dan

Such a nice group of pets on this thread. Pixel, my condolences on your Reebok.

I have a Birman cat named Sami and will try to post of picture of him... he is a real cutie pie. Looks very much like the *old fashioned* style Siamese, with deep blue eyes and all white paws (characteristic of Birmans, legendary sacred temple cats of Burma). I got him because he was the only cat my husband (who is not a cat person) would accept into the household (and now I catch him kissing my cat).

In addition to Sami, who is not allowed outdoors except supervised or otherwise on a leash, I am the official cat babysitter when people go on vacation in my neighborhood as well as the one who feeds (and sometimes able to catch and have neutered) the ferals and strays in my neighborhood.

After losing our beloved Sheltie in Oct. we are slowly working our way into looking for a new Sheltie pup, too.

After losing our beloved Sheltie in Oct. we are slowly working our way into looking for a new Sheltie pup, too.

Leslie, I'm so happy to hear this!

Thanks Cathy. Puppies are so irresistable! We got Dolly when she was 8 months old and never had the puppy stage before, so to get a puppy this time will be really fun.

Omnivorette... I never forgot the story about your 2 cats, and the dilemna you were in, because one was eating both sets of cat food. Were you able to find another home for the domineering one? Did everything work out ok, I hope?

Did someone mention Shelties?

<melts>

I grew up around them. Momma was my Uncle's pedigreed show dog. Mine was the fiesty runt. She was small for the breed, but who cared? She was a little ball of fire, intelligent and sensitive. I remember her as a rolly polly pup still in Alaska -- the first to venture out and the last into the puppy basket where they slept.

Anyone have a cat diagnosed with hyper-thyroidism? :(

Did someone mention Shelties?

<melts>

I grew up around them.  Momma was my Uncle's pedigreed show dog.  Mine was the fiesty runt.  She was small for the breed, but who cared?  She was a little ball of fire, intelligent and sensitive.  I remember her as a rolly polly pup still in Alaska -- the first to venture out and the last into the puppy basket where they slept.

Anyone have a cat diagnosed with hyper-thyroidism?  :(

Beans, I remember seeing a cute picture you posted once upon a time of a sheltie that belonged to your uncle! :wub: I came across it much later through a linked post with some other Alaska pictures. I have been to Sitka twice and I loved it, not to mention it's gorgeous there. Very picturesque. That is where you are from, right? Shelties are great. Dolly was very small too, she was called a teacup sheltie. But very smart... she graduated #1 in her dog obedience class!

Cynthia also has a very sweet sheltie. :wub:

:(

That was Sheltie number 2, which he didn't breed. She came from the same breeders with a similar background, but not the same personality. She was Princess Shelikof ("Shelly"), officially, and the dog did act like a princess. After spending time with her, I very much loved her, too. However, she was more nervous and high strung.

"Momma" Sheltie was officially New Archangel ("Babes" somehow for short). She had personality, opinions and very definite ideas. Why wouldn't her puppies?!

I've spent weekends seeking out AKC shows in my local municipality. A Sheltie may be again within my future. B)

A very fine dog selection for Southeast Alaska.