• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I've got two. Scobie and BooBoo, the white cats.     Let's see Cherry! And Lucy and Mack! And Wilma, of course!

Cathy's cats are, as the young folk say, Da bomb ( that means good BTW)   I was so taken with them that i did not once wonder how they might taste or how best they could be prepared

And my two giants are always trying to stuff themselves into spaces far smaller than they are.   Thanks for the advice on falling cats, all. Glyn confirmed my fears that shorter drops are more dan

Oh what a lovely tortie! Has she got the 'tude that goes with the coloring?

She's actually more tiger than tortie. Don't really know what 'tude goes with her coloring, but she is a dear sweetie pie and is very gentle and loving. Got her from a foster home, and she is a gift and a wonderful companion.

• 2 weeks later...

So at the suggestion of the vet, I've added a small (one-serving) can of wet cat food to Ezzie's diet every day. I'm buying only brands which list meat as the first ingredient, as the vet told me to.

Ezzie LOVES the food. But now of course she is unsatisfied by the dry food she happily ate exclusively for the past many years. She's only supposed to get one little can of the wet every day, and the rest of the time there is dry food out for whenever she's hungry.

Of course, now she's waking me up in the wee hours to get her wet food. So far I am ignoring her (but of course she manages to wake me). I figure eventually she'll figure out that she has to eat the dry food the rest of the day.

So at the suggestion of the vet, I've added a small (one-serving) can of wet cat food to Ezzie's diet every day. I'm buying only brands which list meat as the first ingredient, as the vet told me to.

Ezzie LOVES the food. But now of course she is unsatisfied by the dry food she happily ate exclusively for the past many years. She's only supposed to get one little can of the wet every day, and the rest of the time there is dry food out for whenever she's hungry.

Of course, now she's waking me up in the wee hours to get her wet food. So far I am ignoring her (but of course she manages to wake me). I figure eventually she'll figure out that she has to eat the dry food the rest of the day.

omni, be careful! cats are known to boycott dry food completely once they get a taste of wet food. the trick is to be very strict with them and only feed them at the same time so they know not to expect it all the time.

how old is ezzie and can we see a picture?

That fuzzy face, those big blue eyes, the best little mitten paws in the world--Nicky makes me crave another kitty. He just makes my heart fall right out on the floor.

Please, fix her coding back so we can't see him anymore. He's such a sweetie, I'm dying for another one.

omni, be careful! cats are known to boycott dry food completely once they get a taste of wet food. the trick is to be very strict with them and only feed them at the same time so they know not to expect it all the time.
Very true. We introduced wet food to Cookie's diet about a year ago. She gets one small can per weekend, half Saturday morning and half Sunday morning. She knows when and how much she gets and there is no short-changing her. She wakes me up and herds me to the kitchen for it.

295249059_55ac866613.jpg

Cookie, sated.

I added one single-serving can of wet food every morning, and I've switched over to Innova Evo for dry food (thanks Cathy), which she is eating the rest of the day. She stopped waking me up for the wet food, but when I get up - she's so excited because she knows that soon the wet food will be hers!

What the vet told me is that cats are by nature carnivores, and that most dry food is primarily carbohydrates. So both the wet and the dry she's getting now are high protein, low carbs.