this is not to say, however, that our family might not expand soon anyway....

everybody, please say hello to alu's younger sister, gobi!

gobi.jpg

this beautiful 8 month old girl was spayed yesterday and so she's somewhat zonked as she recovers from anaesthesia. she also is recovering from a mild case of kennel cough and so the sisters have been restricted to a brief meet and greet, and are being kept apart. look for duo pictures in a few days. but so far alu has been very good--no growling, no aggressive territorial behaviour. she even gave up her own bed to the new arrival without any fuss.

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I've got two. Scobie and BooBoo, the white cats.     Let's see Cherry! And Lucy and Mack! And Wilma, of course!

Cathy's cats are, as the young folk say, Da bomb ( that means good BTW)   I was so taken with them that i did not once wonder how they might taste or how best they could be prepared

And my two giants are always trying to stuff themselves into spaces far smaller than they are.   Thanks for the advice on falling cats, all. Glyn confirmed my fears that shorter drops are more dan

she is soooo skinny. she was found as a stray by some guy who couldn't keep her because his wife is allergic. he only had her for a couple of days and apparently she was quite attached to him when he brought her into the shelter.

we're looking forward to fattening her up once she gets her appetite back--she's still quite lethargic. it took some doing to get her kennel cough medicine into her. the first one, a capsule, was not so bad, but the second, a tablet, she rejected utterly, despite our best attempts to mask it. finally had to break the tablet into lots of small pieces and roll each piece inside a ball of cheddar! talk about a diva.

but the two of them really get along already--they want to kiss and lick each other, except we're not letting them. part of me thinks that if alu is going to catch the kennel cough she's going to anyway and so we might as well let them bond. but the part that's holding out hope that she might escape it if we don't allow too much intimacy is winning out.

she is soooo skinny. she was found as a stray by some guy who couldn't keep her because his wife is allergic. he only had her for a couple of days and apparently she was quite attached to him when he brought her into the shelter.
Well, little does she know it yet, but she has clearly landed in Doggie Heaven. Congratulations to the whole family.