• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I've got two. Scobie and BooBoo, the white cats.     Let's see Cherry! And Lucy and Mack! And Wilma, of course!

Cathy's cats are, as the young folk say, Da bomb ( that means good BTW)   I was so taken with them that i did not once wonder how they might taste or how best they could be prepared

And my two giants are always trying to stuff themselves into spaces far smaller than they are.   Thanks for the advice on falling cats, all. Glyn confirmed my fears that shorter drops are more dan

Just wanted to say that the high protein/low carb cat food switch is so so successful. And thanks to Cathy for the Ennova Ivo recommendation. She's now getting a 3 oz can of Wellness brand canned food every morning, and she has the Ennova dry in her bowl which she eats whenever she wants. She loves both, and she's healthy and all is well.

I'm so glad Ezzie likes it, Om. Innova Evo is a huge hit here. I should have switched less abruptly - Mackie's delicate innards rebelled for a day or two, but he's fine now and was sweetly stoic when I bathed him. As I keep telling Roy, kitty hygiene is a great bonding opportunity.

• 2 weeks later...

gobi has turned out to be quite the destructive chewer. so far she has eaten a shoe, most of a book, a digicam tape, a video cassette and a cardboard box, and shredded prodigious quantities of paper. she has also gnawed off the edge of one wooden stair (though this can be mostly rectified by sanding and staining). near calamity yesterday as i heard a loud thump from the bar region and emerged to find a guilty dog slinking out of there with a bottle of maker's mark rolling on the floor. doubtless this has to do with not getting enough exercise due to the weather here. have since got her a rolled rawhide chew thingy--hopefully that'll do the trick.

...have since got her a rolled rawhide chew thingy--hopefully that'll do the trick.

You'll need to keep a supply of those on hand; aggressive chewers eat them like taffy. You might consider getting her a collection of stuffed toys, balls and sturdy rubber chewies.

she's got a huge collection of stuffed toys, and a hardy rope thing too.

a question about these rawhide thingies: can we leave her at home with one of these or are they the kind of thing that she could potentially choke on if we aren't supervising?

For Christmas this year my family welcomed a new member; a Golden Retriever puppy we named Calvin. Those that know me know that I have something of an obsession with Goldens. Our family has always owned them, and since our last one passed, I've been anxiously awaiting the arrival of our newest beloved family member. Well, this Christmas was the time! I couldn't be more excited!

He is absolute bliss. Of all the Goldens we've owned, he is, BY FAR, the most well-behaved (at least, thus far, in his first week in a new home) and affectionate of the lot. I'm infatuated with him. ;)

calvin.jpg

Omigod, Pix, that FACE! ;) I want to kiss his nose.

My sister leaves her Wheaten home alone with a pizzle (she calls them "bullies"). But she's in Sacramento, and used to live in Winnipeg. :(

Mongo, have you considered getting some bitter apple to discourage Gobi from chewing where she shouldn't?

Maybe I should be posting this in Annoyances instead. My cat LouLou woke me up at 4 AM and would not let me go back to sleep--miaowing, chirping, galloping around, much flinging about of the toys. I finally threw in the towel and got up to hang out with her, which I swear was what she wanted since both food and water bowls were already full. Of course at 8 I ,exhausted, was heading out the door while she was tunneled under a throw on the bedroom chair, fast asleep.

Perhaps I should rethink getting another cat. ;)