Maybe I should be posting this in Annoyances instead. My cat LouLou woke me up at 4 AM and would not let me go back to sleep--miaowing, chirping, galloping around, much flinging about of the toys. I finally threw in the towel and got up to hang out with her, which I swear was what she wanted since both food and water bowls were already full. Of course at 8 I ,exhausted, was heading out the door while she was tunneled under a throw on the bedroom chair, fast asleep.

Perhaps I should rethink getting another cat. ;)

then they'll harass you as a team.

case in point, i got three hours of sleep last night.

of course, you can still get another cat. you are not going to get any sleep anyways, so why should your cat not have a playmate.

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I've got two. Scobie and BooBoo, the white cats.     Let's see Cherry! And Lucy and Mack! And Wilma, of course!

Cathy's cats are, as the young folk say, Da bomb ( that means good BTW)   I was so taken with them that i did not once wonder how they might taste or how best they could be prepared

And my two giants are always trying to stuff themselves into spaces far smaller than they are.   Thanks for the advice on falling cats, all. Glyn confirmed my fears that shorter drops are more dan

Omigod, Pix, that FACE! ;) I want to kiss his nose.

My sister leaves her Wheaten home alone with a pizzle (she calls them "bullies"). But she's in Sacramento, and used to live in Winnipeg. :(

Mongo, have you considered getting some bitter apple to discourage Gobi from chewing where she shouldn't?

the deviant licks things sprayed with bitter apple as though she likes it.

but, we left her in the bedroom for 3 hours with a rawhide thingy. came home to zero destruction. usually, she finds a couple of things to tear up and arrange around the room. this time she didn't even bother with the empty cardboard box we'd set out for just this purpose.

Anyone in the NYC area interested in adopting a lovely ten-year-old kittie? Not mine. But I've seen pictures, and the poor dear is supposed to be put down if no owner is found. Let me know if you're interested and I can forward kitty pix.

[...]

now for something cheerful..

UPDATE! this just in..

[...]

Popsicle thinks that he is Sally’s mother. Everyday he would insist that he be let into the room and once inside he would make all kinds of noises and purr and entice the kitten so that slowly Sally came near him and began to play with him. Now she sleeps on the bed suckling popsicle’s tummy. Popsicle lets her have her imaginary feed for hours on end. He grooms her, plays with her, feeds her and cuddles up with her and sleeps. He refuses to come out of the room and has totally forgotten Polly and all of us. All he takes are 5 minute breaks and goes for a stroll in the garden. He runs back after that and cries and cries till he is let inside.

Sally loves him and allows us to pick her up only when popsicle is allowing her to suckle him.

On Sunday, some people who could not keep a kitten (girl) anymore left her with us. She is black and white like Mickey and she is called Mini. She is as old as Sally and now popsicle has two babies. [...]

edited to add image:

img0382newzx6.th.jpg

> popsicle with sally and mini.

last night was not a good one for the dogs. they refused to pee or poop before we left for dinner--mrs. jones' fault; she showed them the juicy bones they were going to be getting to chew on while we were gone, and they just locked in on those and had no interest in exiting the house for post-prandial activity. there was no help for it, so we left them with a prayer on our lips. came back to find that one had pooped and peed upstairs (thankfully on the wood floors) and one had peed on the rug downstairs (thankfully, washable). also, one of them had got up on the kitchen counter and grabbed a treat bag full of bacon bits. we suspect alu since she had major diarrhea this morning. also, alu threw up on the bed this morning. good times.

man, kids are better than dogs.

• 2 weeks later...