• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I've got two. Scobie and BooBoo, the white cats.     Let's see Cherry! And Lucy and Mack! And Wilma, of course!

Cathy's cats are, as the young folk say, Da bomb ( that means good BTW)   I was so taken with them that i did not once wonder how they might taste or how best they could be prepared

And my two giants are always trying to stuff themselves into spaces far smaller than they are.   Thanks for the advice on falling cats, all. Glyn confirmed my fears that shorter drops are more dan

Simon has been waking me up at 3am, 5am, and 7am by climbing all over me, purring and trying to suck on any piece of skin he can get in his mouth. Usually my nose or chin, and by suck, I mean bite really hard first. Ummm.....it's been 14 years since I've had a kitten (Pepper was almost a year when I got her), how do you stop them from trying to suck? Anyone......

Scoop has been recovered and reunited with his family. The cocker spaniel was abducted at gunpoint while being walked by his owner. Early reports suggested Scoop might be used as fodder to train pit bulls, etc, but it turns out a child wanted to get a pet for his friend's sick mother. So, he picked up his heat, and went out to steal a dog.

The teen told police he and a friend wanted to give the friend's sick mother a new dog to replace one that died not long ago. So, using a BB-gun, they first tried to rob a 14-year-old of his dog in the Lakeview section of Paterson at 10 p.m. on Friday.

Paterson Detective Lt. Anthony Traina said the victim in that case negotiated with the robbers to spare the pooch and gave up his iPod instead. No charges have yet been filed in that case.

Still dogless on Saturday night, the teen and his friend came upon Joe Castronovo of Clifton, who was walking Scoop on Fairmount Avenue around 10 p.m. Castronovo told police two people pointed a gun at him, took Scoop, and ran down the street and into a car.

"In the juveniles' mind, I'm sure they thought this was rational," Berdnik said.

And the two would've made off with their ill-gotten "gift" had any one of a number of people accepted the pooch present.

Scoop's home

Spoiled-to-the-max Mack is no longer satisfied to simply curl up next to (or on) me when I'm sleeping. I have to wake up and rub his belly, and he'll chirp (how can such a big animal have such a tiny voice?) or prod me until I do. And lord help me if I stop before he's had enough.

Sounds like my husband. :)

And the Oscar goes to...

Feathers for Felines, a light-hearted romp through someone's back-yard bird feeder, full of twitters, cheeps, screeches and chirps.

Mack and Lucy were spellbound. Riveted. Teeth chattering and tails twitching, they were glued to the TV for over 30 minutes.

If your cats get bored or lonely during the day (or night - Daisy?), you need this video.

405816038_c233e198d8.jpg

405815944_0ee3ab2ee4_o.jpg

to OD' on cuteness, [oops, had to delete the link]

:) I used to have one who looked just like the gray one at the top of images 8449 - 8451. She was very nervous though, and would almost never say anything. Except when she was very, very scared -- like each time we moved -- and then she's let out this unearthly yowl. That was 30 years ago. I still miss her. :o

ETA: link deleted because we don't know Kimberley -- although from those adorable kitty pix, I almost wish I didn