The Times rightly emphasizes the scant space at Battersby.

I tried to review the place a while back, but not only couldn't they offer me a table (on a weeknight), they wouldn't even suggest I waited. Basically, full for the night by about 8pm. It's a pity, but I wouldn't risk going back unless I could arrive at 5pm and wait for the doors to open.

But of course, it makes no sense for them to take reservations. Pity.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Young people demanded democratic dining and instead got a totalitarian tasting regime.

• 1 month later...

reservations taken for the tasting menu.

Indeed, reservations are taken for the Spontaneous tasting menu. You only need to send an email to erika@battersbybrooklyn.com

Info about the tasting:

Chef tasting menus are very similar to the menu you can find on our website, and additionally, dishes the chefs are working on as we speak, new ingredients they are experimenting with, etc. It really is quite spontaneous.

Our five course menu is $65/person, our seven course is $85. Beverage pairings are $45 for the five course, $65/seven.

We went Friday night 8:30 pm, making the reservation over email on Wednesday. The place is very small and tables are very close one to each other, but the food is more that impressive.

What a great surprise! Most of the dishes were superb, I specially liked the 2nd Course: Heirloom Tomatoes Burrata, Basil, it had very Mediterranean familiar flavors. Desserts were just ok.

Battersby - Brooklyn, NY

• 4 weeks later...

I think I said upthread, walk ins seem to be out of the question. Unless, of course, you wait outside before the place opens. Mid-evening they wouldn't even let me wait for a table.

Heartening to see people waiting outside WD-50 most evenings.

It's funny. I lucked into a last-minute reservation at Atera tonight, but it turns out that Battersby on Smith St. is much more happening. Who'd have thought?

(I'll say it for Steve: if Chestnut could only have gotten a tenth of their press . . . .)

I think I said upthread, walk ins seem to be out of the question. Unless, of course, you wait outside before the place opens. Mid-evening they wouldn't even let me wait for a table.

Heartening to see people waiting outside WD-50 most evenings.

they quoted people reasonable waits well after eight last night, which was a friday.