The New Yorker

It also appears Helen Rosner will become their 'roving' correspondent [does this mean she's left Eater?].

They do say they're 'interested in figuring out what TNY's food criticism should look like online', so perhaps Hannah will do more than an expanded version of 'Tables for Two'. I'd like to see something like the sort of blogging that used to supplement the reviews in The New York Times.

I suppose I might as well submit and start following Hannah on Twitter dot com.

• Replies 899
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I meant to make a laudatory post last week to the effect that, where other than The New Yorker might you find a smart, funny, informative article on a literary figure as obscure as Alfred Lord Dunsany

I took that test when we applied to adopt! Picture was from the 30's: any idiot could tell that you were supposed to translate the stallion and the shirtless man in the picture into something sexual.

Mitchell is right on this precise point, though: as a classical music fan, I find its use in classical venues to be an outrage.

• 2 months later...

The new issue has a piece about philosophy, and I just scanned the first few paragraphs and they're so hopelessly stupid and ill-informed I feel all taion-like about it.

Let's erect a hopelessly false straw man and see what our profile subject can do to tear it down.

(Really, it's shameful rubbish.)

The new issue has a piece about philosophy, and I just scanned the first few paragraphs and they're so hopelessly stupid and ill-informed I feel all taion-like about it.

Let's erect a hopelessly false straw man and see what our profile subject can do to tear it down.

(Really, it's shameful rubbish.)

But there's an interesting piece about the lost woman with dissociative disorder (fugue?). I read the philosophy piece too, but it was at

4 AM and I couldn't sleep. It helped.

Haven't gotten to Otto yet.