Busker gets on the subway, electric guitar strapped on, amp in full-size shopping trolley. Sits on floor cross-legged and tunes up, then fiddles with the amp for a couple of stops. Loudly introduces his "song" which turns out to be a repetitive, tuneless riff with no singing. All the time, people are trying to get around or over him to board or leave the train.

I didn't see him pick up much money. Ass.

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sometimes in life, you come across a situation, and you just want to yell, "Hey! Asshole!"   And not just when reading food boards.   I'm on an airplane and there's this gunner-kid next to me.

Yeah, the "Mister Asshole to you" was a dead giveaway. That's why I'm wondering why I ever thought otherwise. I better get the testosterone detector on my DSL checked.

Hey Asshole!   Cover your mouth when you cough repeatedly while sitting/standing/exercising near me. Thank you.

Busker gets on the subway, electric guitar strapped on, amp in full-size shopping trolley. Sits on floor cross-legged and tunes up, then fiddles with the amp for a couple of stops. Loudly introduces his "song" which turns out to be a repetitive, tuneless riff with no singing. All the time, people are trying to get around or over him to board or leave the train.

how much do you have to pay to get him to stop playing?

i would pay up to 75 bucks for the cat and put it in Miss K's room.. I don't know if she would like it or it would scare the hell out of her.

She'd rig fangs for it in about half an hour

HA.. just saw this now..Totally would fang it up..

Fortunately, behavior like this is usually self-correcting. When he realizes his shtick isn't working financially, he'll come up with a different angle.

• 2 weeks later...
nick & toni's -DISGRACEFUL

Dined there last evening. WHAT A JOKE. THIS IS A FAUX RESTAURANT by any standards. I won't even call their slop ..food....maybe they don;t even have a kitchen.!

With the exception of the bread, everything was poor quality.

The green salad we ordered especially had ONE piece of arugula in it,

Next the $17.00 "pizzette" arrived looking like dog food that was lying around for days. The baby beets had no taste at all..

Dessert "vanilla gelato with chocolate and expresso" was so ugly I didn't wan't to taste it! And the PRETEND French Press coffee, was not pressed at all and was clearly the worst coffee in NYC.

True to form, the staff was belligerent.

I wrote a letter off to the owner. She just may be as appalled, we'll see.

The place is usually crowded, which makes me think many people drink too much vino.

By jinthek on Mar 05, 2011 10:19PM

nick & toni's -DISGRACEFUL

Dined there last evening. WHAT A JOKE. THIS IS A FAUX RESTAURANT by any standards. I won't even call their slop ..food....maybe they don;t even have a kitchen.!

With the exception of the bread, everything was poor quality.

The green salad we ordered especially had ONE piece of arugula in it,

Next the $17.00 "pizzette" arrived looking like dog food that was lying around for days. The baby beets had no taste at all..

Dessert "vanilla gelato with chocolate and expresso" was so ugly I didn't wan't to taste it! And the PRETEND French Press coffee, was not pressed at all and was clearly the worst coffee in NYC.

True to form, the staff was belligerent.

I wrote a letter off to the owner. She just may be as appalled, we'll see.

The place is usually crowded, which makes me think many people drink too much vino.

By jinthek on Mar 05, 2011 10:19PM

sometimes it's better not to hit send. but then, lex wouldn't have anything to post

Cranky from overwork, I visited one of my favourite bakeries to buy some treats. This place has become so busy that they have a bright red ticket dispenser located right next to the entrance with a big sign above it saying "Please take a number." I know the drill; I took number 002. Number on the board was at 000. Then 001 got help, and there was one other guy sort of in front of me. But when 002 was called, I went right up to the counter and ordered my stuff without a second glance to the guy who had been in front of me. I knew he probably didn't realize you had to get a number (even though it was really hard to miss the ticket dispenser unless you were completely blind), but I didn't frickin' care. I wanted my black forest cake, and I got it. Had a been a nicer person, I'd have let him go ahead, but screw him. I had number 002.

I think that makes me an asshole, but like I said, I don't care.

That being said, I think in the following situation:

The wife of a Jacobi Medical Center surgeon said her husband called her from work and described a passenger with a crushed skull and others with hand and arm amputations. She showed an iPhone photo, texted from Jacobi, of a hand and forearm, severed just below the elbow, lying on an operating table.

The surgeon was way more of an asshole than I. Seriously. . . ever heard of doctor-patient confidentiality? I hope the person who had his/her hand and forearm amputated finds out about this and lodges a complaint against him. And sues him. Or whatever one should do to an asshole doctor who takes pictures of your severed limbs and sends them to his wife.

What a prick.

I'm not the kind of person who buys a dress, keeps the tags on, and returns it when I'm done. I don't take advantage of liberal return policies to return something after it breaks because of my own actions, or if I just don't like it anymore. And I know it makes me judgmental, but I think people who do things like that are assholes.

the death squad will be at your door, any minute

I'm not the kind of person who buys a dress, keeps the tags on, and returns it when I'm done. I don't take advantage of liberal return policies to return something after it breaks because of my own actions, or if I just don't like it anymore. And I know it makes me judgmental, but I think people who do things like that are assholes.

If you have to lie to return it, that is a different story but I don't think that is being discussed here.

Not to worry. I have no doubt Mr. So-and-So is going to be completely truthful about his return. "Yes, I've been using it for 2 months, and I love it, it's great, but...I can get one a lot cheaper somewhere else."

I'm with you, sister.

selfish returns seem like a common occurrence a costco

just because you can do something doesn't make it right.

and that is a mind blowing deal on the blendtec. i sort of want one, but i won't try to return my almost 25 year old kitchenaid, for a full refund, to get one.

I'm with you, sister.

Since when is there anything wrong with returning a purchase because you can get a better one, cheaper?

And what's the point of posting here, when you've already posted on eGullet?