• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sometimes in life, you come across a situation, and you just want to yell, "Hey! Asshole!"   And not just when reading food boards.   I'm on an airplane and there's this gunner-kid next to me.

Yeah, the "Mister Asshole to you" was a dead giveaway. That's why I'm wondering why I ever thought otherwise. I better get the testosterone detector on my DSL checked.

Hey Asshole!   Cover your mouth when you cough repeatedly while sitting/standing/exercising near me. Thank you.

I wouldn't be comfortable driving a tank, but there's something to be said for having the hp to get yourself out of situations.

You could save a lot of money and just get a gun.

This ought to be illegal. And learning of its existence has pretty much ruined my weekend.

From the page:

This deal ends at 11:59 pm on 4/1/2011

Enjoy your weekend. ;)

It's the idea that this business exists, not the Yelp deal, that has me so hot and bothered.

This ought to be illegal. And learning of its existence has pretty much ruined my weekend.

From the page:

Enjoy your weekend. ;)

It's the idea that this business exists, not the Yelp deal, that has me so hot and bothered.

I think its an April Fools Joke

From the page:

Enjoy your weekend. ;)

i think you're right. :blush:

My cranky, old lady upstairs neighbor just got a whole lot crazier. After listening to her 6-year-old granddaughter run around the apartment for hours the other evening, N went upstairs at about 9:30 to let her know that we were about to go to sleep. When neighbor answered the door, she didn't even let N speak--she just ripped into her about how it was "too early", that granddaughter was just "playing a game" until bedtime, and that she understands that we're noisy too. This morning, 2 days later, she slipped a note under our door about how she doesn't appreciate that we asked her to quiet things down so early in the evening, and that we're "lucky to have her as a neighbor".

This is from a woman who clearly has no rugs in her apartment, as we hear her late at night and in the early morning walking around, yelling at people on the phone, moving furniture, etc. Unfortunately, she's a VIP in the building on account of all the work she does, plus she's good friends with my downstairs neighbor who always complains that we're too noisy. I told N that we need to take the high road and be as nice and as good neighbors as can be. Man, I hope I'm not that ornery when I get old.

From the page:

Enjoy your weekend. ;)

i think you're right. :blush:

my favorite

Milibank, SD

1 star rating

12/17/10

My shitty puppy ate an entire box of Cocoa Puffs. In addition to being forced to foot the stomach pump vet bill, the FY people made me pay for six months worth of dog PTSD psychotherapy. I'M CANCELING MY SUBSCRIPTION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Does your building have noise rules? Ours is 8am-10pm - meaning that you can't for example vacuum or let your kids trample around outside of those hours. She could've been nicer about it but to be brutally honest 9:30 is a bit early, many people don't go to bed until later.

Hasn't it been pretty well established that SUVs are a lot less safe than conventional cars?

yes - if normal cars are defined as compact and up. The super compacts tend to be less safe.

Yes. The New Yorker had a piece on this several years ago. A lot depends on the driver, and their reaction times.

The conclusion seemed to be that a super-large, built like a tank SUV would protect you much better in a head on collision, but would be more likely to kill you in a rollover collision if you had to take evasive moves, perhaps in the event of a runaway cement mixer approaching you. In contrast, a Porsche 911 would get you killed for sure in a head on collision with an SUV or cement mixer, etc, but would give you extraordinary protection if you had to swerve, etc to avoid a collision. You wouldn't roll over, and would be much less likely to skid into the woods, hit a tree, etc.

For active, engaged, highly road aware drivers, the 911 would give you max protection against a wide range of road hazards. For less aware, sometimes distracted, etc drivers, you would gain maximum self protection in an SUV while increasing the risks for people around you.

Does your building have noise rules? Ours is 8am-10pm - meaning that you can't for example vacuum or let your kids trample around outside of those hours. She could've been nicer about it but to be brutally honest 9:30 is a bit early, many people don't go to bed until later.

I do agree that it was a little early (we were both exhausted and could barely keep our eyes open), but yelling at N before she'd even said one word _and_ leaving a note under our door 2 days later (without trying to see if N was home) is a bit much. We think she has a grudge against us for something.

My cranky, old lady upstairs neighbor just got a whole lot crazier. After listening to her 6-year-old granddaughter run around the apartment for hours the other evening, N went upstairs at about 9:30 to let her know that we were about to go to sleep. When neighbor answered the door, she didn't even let N speak--she just ripped into her about how it was "too early", that granddaughter was just "playing a game" until bedtime, and that she understands that we're noisy too. This morning, 2 days later, she slipped a note under our door about how she doesn't appreciate that we asked her to quiet things down so early in the evening, and that we're "lucky to have her as a neighbor".

This is from a woman who clearly has no rugs in her apartment, as we hear her late at night and in the early morning walking around, yelling at people on the phone, moving furniture, etc. Unfortunately, she's a VIP in the building on account of all the work she does, plus she's good friends with my downstairs neighbor who always complains that we're too noisy. I told N that we need to take the high road and be as nice and as good neighbors as can be. Man, I hope I'm not that ornery when I get old.

Sounds like my situation 20 years ago, with relentless crazies above & below. Drove me right out to Jersey. Lots of tradeoffs involved but my stress levels dropped dramatically.

I thought fuck it, if everyone else is driving a tank, and badly at that, I’m getting one too.

This is how they spread, one driver at a time.

We'll be getting a new car this year, & I am on the fence between a Honda Fit & something more powerful, for defensive driving reasons. I wouldn't be comfortable driving a tank, but there's something to be said for having the hp to get yourself out of situations.

How about a CRV or a RAV4?

Thought about those but seem a little too SUV-ish for my tastes. I like the Mazda 3 Hatchback a bit better. Not quite as much power, but more than my current Civic or the Fit.

The location of my Honda dealer's service dept & the ease of getting stuff done there is a big incentive for me to stick with Honda tho. They've kept my Civic running nicely for 19 years.

I've loved my Fit; it was, IMO, the best option for small and fuel-efficient at the time I was buying. Now that the class has expanded, I'm hankering for a few more HP. My next car will be a Ford Focus hatchback, sporting a 2L engine that pushes 160 HP and 146 ft-lb of torque.