2012 Summer Olympics

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When and where is it shown live?

NBC is offering the full slate of games live on it's website.

It looks like your TV subscription does not support access to NBC Olympics Live Extra. Please contact your TV provider. A current subscription to a TV video programing package that includes MSNBC and CNBC is required for access to NBC Olympics Live Extra.

It's not enough to just have the Net. If you don't have cable or satellite TV, then you can't watch the streaming stuff. No badminton for me!

What's with the USA girls gymnastics team? The way they're posing for the camera you can easily read their thought bubble, "Hey beyotch, I'm gonna get a higher score than you, beyotch! Git outta my way, beyotch, the camera's on me!" Their fake hug/air kisses to each other have all the sincerity and tenderness of a Darth Vader family reunion. Their makeup makes them look like they're doing The Real Gymnasts of Beverly Hills. The zoom-ins of the family members in the crowd are reminiscent of Deal or No Deal.

Where's Howie?

ghostrider - I was able to get through even though it didn't except my 'Verizon' name and password because Verizon provided a 'free day pass'. Maybe it'll work even if you don't have Verizon. The problem I had with live streaming was that it kept stalling out and then the ads would come on. I gave up watching the gymnasts live and waited until last night for the NBC broadcast.

Really Nice - LOL!

What's with the USA girls gymnastics team? The way they're posing for the camera you can easily read their thought bubble, "Hey beyotch, I'm gonna get a higher score than you, beyotch! Git outta my way, beyotch, the camera's on me!" Their fake hug/air kisses to each other have all the sincerity and tenderness of a Darth Vader family reunion. Their makeup makes them look like they're doing The Real Gymnasts of Beverly Hills. The zoom-ins of the family members in the crowd are reminiscent of Deal or No Deal.

Where's Howie?

I actually liked that you can tell they don't really like each other. A team where each athlete thinks they're the best in the world might indeed end up being the strongest....

Olympics were fun when amateurs participated. Haven't watched an event since 1980 (and I worked for ABC Sports and still didn't watch)- no reason to start now.

The most over-hyped, boring, meaningless event since the NFL. For those who live in NYC, be very, very thankful London won (er, lost) the spectacle.

Olympics were fun when amateurs participated. Haven't wanted an event since 1980 (and I worked for ABC Sports and still didn't watch)- no reason to start now.

The most over-hyped, boring, meaningless event since the NFL. For those who live in NYC, be very, very thankful London won (er, lost) the spectacle.

Well, it has lost a certain idealistic wholesomeness (although I can always recall a lot of nationalism being involved), but I would not say boring or entirely meaningless. It's just that there are so many events and the presentation of them is so garbled. It's almost like I want to wait till it's over and order a DVD of all of certain events and none of others.

But there's no getting around the ridiculous hype and tabloid-like human drama stuff.

Now, how about those Cowboys?

Olympics were fun when amateurs participated. Haven't watched an event since 1980 (and I worked for ABC Sports and still didn't watch)- no reason to start now.

Well, it has lost a certain idealistic wholesomeness (although I can always recall a lot of nationalism being involved), but I would not say boring or entirely meaningless. It's just that there are so many events and the presentation of them is so garbled. It's almost like I want to wait till it's over and order a DVD of all of certain events and none of others.

But there's no getting around the ridiculous hype and tabloid-like human drama stuff.

Now, how about those Cowboys?

Truly believe it is meaningless since the participants are pros. That's all they do all year, all the time. 12-year-olds skating 7 hours a day, seven days a week - really???

Nationalism is one thing, taking out dual-ctitizenship to compete in the games is another. It's all about money, similar to out political campaigns and elections. No one can ever understand the feeling of the 1980 US Hockey team again - shame on you Olympics for stealing the joy from what once was sport.

As for the cowboys - thought western movies and TV programs were no longer in vogue???

No one can ever understand the feeling of the 1980 US Hockey team again - shame on you Olympics for stealing the joy from what once was sport.

As for the cowboys - thought western movies and TV programs were no longer in vogue???

Yeah. :(

Now, are you saying Jerry Jones is not in? You obviously didn't see him on a recent Dallas episode.

No one can ever understand the feeling of the 1980 US Hockey team again - shame on you Olympics for stealing the joy from what once was sport.

Yeah. :(

Now, are you saying Jerry Jones is not in? You obviously didn't see him on a recent Dallas episode.

Oh, Jones is certainly in(sane).