Pouring Ribbons

Pouring Ribbons, a new bar from the Alchemy Consulting group, has quietly opened at 225 Avenue B, on the second floor.

No taxidermy, just a handsome, large-ish space (which would really be perfect for a small office holiday party as the space is dividable). Our 4 (or was it 5?) drinks were expertly made, and the staff was warm and friendly. According to one of the principals, they don't want to have to turn down people as they do at some of the other cocktail places when they fill up - they wanted plenty of room. I think it holds close to 100.

• Like 1
  • Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Pouring Ribbons, a new bar from the Alchemy Consulting group, has quietly opened at 225 Avenue B, on the second floor.   No taxidermy, just a handsome, large-ish space (which would really be perfe

• 2 weeks later...

Jaquin Simo is one of the nicest people I have ever met. .Not to mention the best and hardest working bartender in the business.. He recently won best American Bartender at Tales of the Cocktails.. He has been working at Death and Co since the place opened.. I could not be happier for him.

Jaquin Simo is one of the nicest people I have ever met. .Not to mention the best and hardest working bartender in the business.. He recently won best American Bartender at Tales of the Cocktails.. He has been working at Death and Co since the place opened.. I could not be happier for him.

And, he's behind the stick tonight wink.gif .

I doubt the wait for drinks will be impossible. They are well staffed.

• 3 weeks later...

A couple of really nice drinks at PR last night. In particular, my "In Spades" rocked, but it is a potent boy. Weller 107, Aveze, Salers, and Galliano L'Autentico go very nicely together,

And it's always a pleasure having Joaquin stirring my drinks (although he shook my first one, 'cause it had a bit of lemon juice in it).

I forgot to mention I tried this place a couple of weeks ago. I remember its former incarnation as a somewhat concealed club/lounge (how long ago?), and it is indeed a large space.

I had something nice which was like a Manhattan with very herbal things in it. Don't remember the name.

Conversation on the door:

"Do you have a reservation?"

"No. Do I need one?'

"No, come in."

I forgot to mention I tried this place a couple of weeks ago. I remember its former incarnation as a somewhat concealed club/lounge (how long ago?), and it is indeed a large space.

I had something nice which was like a Manhattan with very herbal things in it. Don't remember the name.

Sometimes the on-line menus help...

• 1 year later...

Is this a good place to bring out of towners for cocktails on a saturday night? Will there be a long wait? Do they take reservations? any good alternatives? I don't think we're going to go to Brooklyn.

Is this a good place to bring out of towners for cocktails on a saturday night? Will there be a long wait? Do they take reservations? any good alternatives? I don't think we're going to go to Brooklyn.

If you go early, you won't need a reservation...but you can always make one to be sure.

Nitecap is very cool.